Walgreens Wal-born Dietary Supplement Effervescent Tablets Lemon-Lime
  • I like taking herbal remedies for things, and certainly believe in their ability to prevent illness if used as a preventative measure
  • Fruits high in Vitamin C in general aren't among my favorite, so I often feel pretty depleted as far as my energy levels are concerned, and that can definitely open the doorway to illness and infection
  • Now, it's a $7 box of only 8 (I think) tablets, so that's not very much, but I took it on the way to our camping destination by mixing it with a bottled water, and then continued to take it until I had used them all up
  • Plus, it's the same cost as the name brand stuff and worked just as well, and certainly tasted better

• by Anasuya

I took some Airborne products for a week straight before heading on a trip, as it was recommended to me by a friend who said it was a great preventative product to take to keep airport/travel sicknesses from affecting you, and I didn’t get sick the whole two weeks, not even sitting next to a woman on the plane who had a perpetual snotty tissue in her hand. Gross. But, I’ve loved Walgreens products and shop there almost twice a week on a pretty regular basis, and so when I saw they had their own version of Airborne, I wanted to try it. That’s when I got the Wal-born Dietary Supplement Effervescent Tablets with a lemon-lime flavor.

It was only $5 and was chalk-full of antioxidants, electrolytes, amino acids and a lot of herbal extracts. I like taking herbal remedies for things, and

certainly believe in their ability to prevent illness if used as a preventative measure. I wouldn’t say I’m a homeopathic nut or anything, but there’s nothing at all wrong with taking a kind of supplement like this, as they’ve been proven to work for me in the past.

There’s actually like 1000mg of Vitamin C in here. I’m not much of an orange person, and that’s the most direct way to get your Vitamin C, so this was a huge plus for me. Fruits high in Vitamin C in general aren’t among my favorite, so I often feel pretty depleted as far as my energy levels are concerned, and that can definitely open the doorway to illness and infection.

I was getting ready for a two week camping trip with a group of friends, where the conditions would definitely be cramped, and there ...

• would be children there just recovering from colds, so I was going to take all the preventative measures that I could. The great thing about this product is that they taste really nice. Almost like an altoid in a way, but flavored with lemons instead of mint.

Or rather, an altoid you would dissolve in an 8 ounce glass of water. It tasted fine, more than fine, actually enjoyable. It wasn’t hard for me to swallow it down at all.

You repeat every four hours. Now, it’s a $7 box of only 8 (I think) tablets, so that’s not very much, but I took it on the way to our camping destination by mixing it with a bottled water, and then continued to take it until I had used them all up. And, for those two weeks, I was totally illness-free, and even

when two of our group got sick after returning home, I managed to stay perfectly healthy, though we were all sharing a very large tent.

As a preventative measure, this is a fantastic product. I’d rather spend $7 and be assured I’m not going to get sick, then have to spend $7 on cold medicine when I DO get sick. Some people might see it as a waste, because why spend money on medicine when you aren’t even ill, but I like to look at it from a more pro-active position.

Plus, it’s the same cost as the name brand stuff and worked just as well, and certainly tasted better. The name brand stuff is just a pill you swallow, but this was a great addition to a bottle of water, like adding a drink mix. Very well worth the money, if you ask me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2630051115850131/k2311a0530/5.30.10