Walgreens Wal-Born Effervescent Health Formula Orange  » Medicine  »
  • I actually used a 16 ounce bottle of water, because I felt the flavoring was otherwise over-powering, but I drink water very quickly because I enjoy it, so it's not like I nursed that same bottle for hours on end
  • I learned the hard way, however, not to put it in, place the cap back on the bottle and shake it up
  • I trust this product immensely and will definitely use it again
  • In fact, I'm on the lookout for as many flavors in this product as I can find, because I think my kids would really benefit from it and they like the taste

• by Anasuya

I recently reviewed this product, but with the lemon-lime flavor, and I have to say, the orange was so much better! It worked just the same, and was just as effective, but the flavoring was well worth investing in another version of the same product. Basically, Wal-born just acts as a preventative measure to help keep illness, germs and infection from spreading from one person to you. If you think you’re going to be in a crowded situation in which someone is bound to be sick and passing around a cold or flu virus, then this is a great product to take as a preventative step to keeping you healthy.

I used the lemon-line version when as I was heading to a camping trip, and ended up purchasing the orange version when I was going to a geek-convention (that’s right, I said it) for comicon, and was sharing a hotel room with five sniffling people, who’d

all managed to get sick at the same time. No way was I taking the chance of getting sick myself and bringing that nonsense home to my two kids.

It’s really easy to use this product too, because all you have to do is dissolve one of the caplets in an 8 ounce bottle of water. I actually used a 16 ounce bottle of water, because I felt the flavoring was otherwise over-powering, but I drink water very quickly because I enjoy it, so it’s not like I nursed that same bottle for hours on end.

I can drink it just as fast as an 8 ounce bottle, so I knew I was getting all the same benefits from it in the end. But the flavoring was very refreshing and was basically like adding a drink mix to my water! I learned the hard way, however, not to put it in, place the cap back on ...

• the bottle and shake it up.

It fizzes and will make your bottle explode all over you when you open it back up. What a mess! So all you have to do is let it dissolve for about a minute or two and then start drinking.

Just be mindful of shaking it up, even after it’s dissolved, because it still has some fizzing qualities about it that can make the bottle expand. Just to be safe, I left the cap off and held it in my hands till I was done drinking it.

Tastes great, and it’s just as effective as the name brand product, Airborne, at keeping illness from spreading. I spent an entire 72 hours around five sick individuals and even a week after I came home, didn’t so much as come down with the sniffles or a single cough.

It was great! I trust this product immensely and will definitely use it again.

In fact, I’m on the lookout for as many flavors in this product as I can find, because I think my kids would really benefit from it and they like the taste.

When they get ready for the school year, when flu season is at its peak, I always have them take some of this, and it’s totally safe for them and is chalk full of Vitamin C. Can’t ask for more than that, and I’ve managed to keep my kids flu-free for the past two back-to-school seasons thanks to this preventative measure.

I can’t imagine anyone not reaping the benefits of it, and the taste alone is worth the purchase. Sure, it’s $7 for only about 6-8 tablets, but if you take them for two days straight, you’ll find you wont have to invest in cold or flu medicine for months and months and you’ll be the flu season with great glee and celebration, I assure you.

Fantastic. 10

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2630051115840131/k2311a0530/5.30.10