Excedrin for Headaches and Migranes  » Medicine  »
  • I for one don’t experience it much but when I do, it’s something that I really can’t stand
  • I’m a soda lover and I love drinking softdrinks

• by rycemix

In our household, there should always be pain-reliever medicines. My dad for one always complains of back pains, shoulders pains, etc. but almost all of us in the family usually suffer from really bad headaches. I for one don’t experience it much but when I do, it’s something that I really can’t stand. I’m not really used at tolerating pain so I tend to take medicine for it. And for my headaches and migraines, I take Excedrin.

When I was young, I would usually take this gum-flavored medicine but at this age, it doesn’t work anymore. I really need something powerful

to take on my headaches. Excedrin just does that for me. Within a matter of minutes, the headache is gone and I’m feeling all better and I get to do the things I need to do.

But I guess the one thing I don’t like about Excedrin is its size. It’s a white hard capsule. I detest capsule medicines because I really find them hard to swallow. I also hate the way it tastes because it’s a medicine. And the only way for me to swallow one is to swallow it with a drink. Sometimes I feel like it gets stuck ...

• in my throat because it’s really a big medicine. I just drink more water till I feel that it has passed my throat.

We own a bottle of Excedrin. It contains 250 caplets (capsule-shaped tablets) and we still have about 1/3 left. We have a relative at the US and my mom doesn’t request for anything except medicines, one of which is the Excedrin. I read from the package label that three of its active ingredients are Acetaminophen, Aspirin and Caffeine. The first two are pain relievers and the latter a pain reliever aid. I also read from the packaging that,

since it contains caffeine, the person taking in the medicine should limit the intake of food or beverages that contain caffeine as well, especially when taking Excedrin. I’m a soda lover and I love drinking softdrinks. And they contain caffeine. I haven’t experienced any of the symptoms listed in the “caffeine warning” part of their package though so I’m guessing I’m not exceeding the limits.

Although I don’t like this medicine because of its size, I still am willing to take it whenever I’m suffering from annoying headaches because I have proven and tested that this product really works for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2630051115770131/k2311a0530/5.30.10