Hollywood The Cookie Diet Meal Replacement Cookies 12 count (16.93 oz) Lemon 12ct  » Health  »
2.0
  • Each cookie is 200 calories, which is way more calories than the slimfast bars I was used to eating (and enjoyed far more than these cookies), and they didn't help curb my appetite or curb cravings at ALL
  • I never replenished my supply and typically tell people the results may not be worth the cost, though I suppose everyone is going to get different results when using them

• by Anasuya

I’m just going to say, right off the bat, that these didn’t work at all. Granted, I was a little skeptical to begin with because it sounded too good to be true. I mean, a cookie diet, after all, is like a girls best friend.

It’s supposed to work much the same way that Slimfast bars or something work, as a dietary meal supplement or meal replacement. But I want cookies to SNACK on, not to replace a whole meal! Not to mention that these are very expensive at $20 for 12 cookies.

Twelve! And, it’s recommended that you eat 4 cookies a day, so you would end up spending about $100 a month just in cookies to use this product long

term. A friend of mine actually bought me a month supply of these cookies (in different flavors) as a birthday gift because she knew I was working to lose weight, and had reached a sort of plateau that I couldn’t see to get past as far as my weight loss was concerned, and she thought this would be a good and tasty way to get me over that hump.

The lemon cookies honestly weren’t very good at all, but they were large, at about the size of one of those meal replacement or snack bars. But, it was crumbly and just not very tasty at all.

Some of the other flavors were a little better, but they all seemed to have that ...

• high-fibrous consistency about it that made you feel like you were eating flavored cardboard. I knew anything associated with the Hollywood diet would be expensive, but I certainly wasn’t expecting that kind of price when I went to replenish my supply.

I was hoping, with extended use, I would see more results. In that first month, I really didn’t lose but ten pounds, which is sure better than nothing, but I’m not sure it was worth that kind of money unless perhaps the weight loss improved with continued use.

Each cookie is 200 calories, which is way more calories than the slimfast bars I was used to eating (and enjoyed far more than these cookies), and they didn’t help curb my appetite

or curb cravings at ALL. Yes, they helped me lose weight because I’d spent almost two months without any weight loss at all after being very successful at it for five months, but those results just didn’t warrant that price, and I wasn’t even entirely sure I was getting a balanced diet in the end, regardless what the box said.

Four cookies and a full meal may be high in calories, but it’s NOT enough food to keep you healthy. I never replenished my supply and typically tell people the results may not be worth the cost, though I suppose everyone is going to get different results when using them.

They weren’t very tasty, though, and that alone didn’t make it worth the cost for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3430051115670131/k2311a0530/5.30.10