Little Noses Sterile Saline Nasal Mist  » Health  »
  • I've used a few different Little Noses products and really like them because I think they are solid and good products to use on kids
  • My kids have allergies just like their mother, were lucky to inherit both that AND my good looks, and I hate the idea, especially when they were just six years old, of giving them medication if I didn't have to, and I often sought out natural or homeopathic solutions to the problem

• by Anasuya

I’ve used a few different Little Noses products and really like them because I think they are solid and good products to use on kids. It’s not medicinally strong, and some of them are all natural, as was the case with the Little Noses Sterile Saline Nasal Mist which was $6 and came in a nice sized can.

It didn’t have that typical plastic bottle that you depress, or bulb-like shape, but was an actual can, so I wasn’t sure how well that would work or how easy it would be to use.

my good looks, and I hate the idea, especially when they were just six years old, of giving them medication if I didn’t have to, and I often sought out natural or homeopathic solutions to the problem.

Little Noses provided quite a few options for me.

There is nothing but saline solution, no chemicals or alcohol, no drugs and is completely safe and is really nothing more than an irrigation system to help wash out stuffed up noses and provide some moisture to dry nasal cavities.

This was a little uncomfortable for my kids to use, however, and a bit messy.

You have to have the child tilt ...

• their head over a sink, sideways a bit, and you stick the nozzel into their nostril and depress the tip (which is difficult with the can).

It acts like an aresol in a way and as long as the tip is depressed, it will keep releasing fluid.

And you’re supposed to fill up the nasal cavity until liquid starts to flow back out of the nose.

This was uncomfortable because that’s a lot of fluid going in the nose, and a lot of it ends up going down the back of the throat and there was a number of times my kids had to cough because it felt

like they were choking.

Plus, at a young age, they start to fight you when they feel something that invasive in their nostrils, so it wasn’t easy at all, especially fighting with that tip.

I’ll give it credit and say that it reall and thoroughly cleanse out their nasal passages, and it’s not like a normal spray that you end up having to use every two hours.

We did this once in the morning and it was good for the rest of the day, without any sniffling at all.

But it was just too uncomfortable for my children, as that was a lot of fluid to go into the nose.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3430051115640131/k2311a0530/5.30.10