Walgreens Ora Relief Sore Throat Spray Menthol  » Medicine  »
  • I get sore throats pretty regularly, far more often than I'd like anyway, because I have severe allergies that often drain and all the swallowing and blowing my nose and coughing up mucus (not a pretty picutre, I know), seems to cause a sore throat more often than not
  • It's a pretty large bottle, 6 ounces, and cost less than $5, so the price was pretty reasonable
  • It's been an excellent spray to use, though I actually wish the bottle were a little smaller, which would make it more convenient to take with me when I go to work or I'm out running errands for the day
  • Other than the size of the bottle, everything was fine and I didn't experience any negative side effects

• by Anasuya

I get sore throats pretty regularly, far more often than I’d like anyway, because I have severe allergies that often drain and all the swallowing and blowing my nose and coughing up mucus (not a pretty picutre, I know), seems to cause a sore throat more often than not. I’ve tried a lot of cough drops in the past, but I just typically don’t like the taste of them and they almost always leave this medicinal aftertaste that has me miserable the rest of the day because I can’t seem to drink or eat anything without it tasting like medicine. The few cough drops I’ve found that don’t have

an aftertaste like that are hard to find, so I’m left to resort to other means of treating my sore throat.

I started buying sprays because that seemed the next logical choice and that’s why I purchased Walgreens Ora Relief Sore Throat Spray Menthol. It’s a pretty large bottle, 6 ounces, and cost less than $5, so the price was pretty reasonable.

Green liquids almost never bode well, and when I sprayed it in the back of my throat, it didn’t taste good either.

It has Phenol in it instead of menthol or eucalyptus or those other things I’m so used to seeing in a lozenge or spray, so ...

• the medicinal taste of the spray didn’t seem to be as long lasting as with some of the others.

Within probably fifteen minutes, the taste was gone. You spray it three times directly into the throat, and it’s supposed to last longer than other sprays.

I actually found that it did last longer. You can use it every two hours, but I discovered that I maybe had to use it every four, so I was pleasantly surprised on that note, aside from the fact that the bad taste dissipated rather quickly.

It worked pretty fast too. As soon as I sprayed it I felt immediate relief and that same

level of relief lasted the next four hours.

My throat was no longer as itchy as it had been, and the coughing was down to nothing, though a stray one would sneak in on occassion. It’s been an excellent spray to use, though I actually wish the bottle were a little smaller, which would make it more convenient to take with me when I go to work or I’m out running errands for the day.

Other than the size of the bottle, everything was fine and I didn’t experience any negative side effects. Excellent product and cost effective too! A year after I purchased it, I still have almost half a bottle left!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2630051115510131/k2311a0530/5.30.10