Defensol-Ito Pain Reliever Chewable Tablets Tablets
  • I think more children's medications should be of a chewable variety
  • I found Defensol-Ito Pain Reliever Chewable Tablets Tablets for about $6, but it came with 30 tablets
  • I thought that sounded like a lot at the time, but my child, who was 8, had to take FOUR at one time per the directions on the box
  • If they added a more distinct flavoring to this product it would be much better in the end, and far more worth the cost

• by Anasuya

I think more children’s medications should be of a chewable variety. My kids are picky and syrups are almost impossible to get them to take without an exhaustive process of chasing them around the house and hearing them cry and complain about the taste afterwards. Sure, they may feel better, regardless, in the end, but is it really worth the hassle if there’s something else out there that will do the job just as well? I found Defensol-Ito Pain Reliever Chewable Tablets Tablets for about $6, but it came with 30 tablets.

I thought that sounded like a lot at the time, but my child, who was 8, had to

take FOUR at one time per the directions on the box. And even at taking four, you take them every four hours for as long as symptoms persist.

So that 30 pill bottle just wasn’t going to last a long time. It’s used mostly to treat pain and over-all achiness associated with the cold, flu or sinuses.

My child was getting headaches and sinus congestion due to his allergies that he started experiencing every spring since we moved to Michigan. He was pretty miserable at the time, and the headaches were starting to kick in, and that was on top of the horrible sinus pressure he was experiencing.

Sometimes I’d ...

• just lay on the couch with him and massage his poor little sinus, beneath his cheekbones, and that was about the only thing that seemed to help some days. Of course, I can’t do that all day, every day, and sinus pressure and headaches are not a good enough reason, according to the school district, to keep him home with me.

So I started giving him the Defensol-Ito Pain Reliever Chewable Tablets Tablets. I gave him four in the morning before I sent him to school, and left four at the school nurses office for him to take mid-day, and he made it through the school day just fine.

He

came home from school looking totally fine and active and exhuberant as any eight year old child should be. My child never complained about the taste of the tablets.

I tried one myself, before I gave them to him, and they weren’t bad. A little chalky, but not a horrible taste at all, though not quite as tasty as say a Flinstones chewable vitamin.

If they added a more distinct flavoring to this product it would be much better in the end, and far more worth the cost. But, as it stands, it was still a good product and got the job done, and I didn’t have to chase my kids with syrup.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2630051115470131/k2311a0530/5.30.10