Michelina’s Four Cheese Lasagna
2.5
  • It was a satisfactory and cheesy meal, but it still disappointed me in some regards and so that's why it gets just a 5 rating from me

• by CirclingCanvas

This frozen dinner doesn’t even look like traditional lasagna. It’s not in a square or rectangular shape and it doesn’t have meat, either.

This is a lasagna dish that’s all about the cheese and noodles.

The blending of four cheeses is the highlight of this frozen dinner.

There’s ricotta cheese, of course, and there’s parmesan, mozzarella and cheddar, too.

The cheddar was a little bit of a surprise to me because lasagna usually doesn’t contain cheddar cheese, at least,

not in the kinds of lasagna that I’m used to eating.

I would’ve preferred either romano or asiago cheeses to be used instead of the cheddar because the two aforementioned cheeses go better with the cheeses used in this lasagna and don’t stick out as oddly as the cheddar does.

The cheddar just doesn’t blend as well with the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.

In addition to the four cheeses, which contribute pretty much all the flavor that’s to be tasted ...

• in this dish, there’s a tomato sauce that doesn’t do much other than keep the lasagna wet.

The sauce doesn’t have much flavor, which leads me to believe not many herbs or seasonings were used when the sauce was made.

It’s a shame because a rich sauce can really make a pasta dish a memorable and magnificent one.

The lasagna is tender, at least.

There isn’t enough lasagna in this meal to fill me up, so I had to

make a little salad and some garlic Texas Toast to go with it, and then, I was pretty fully.

It’s not likely though this frozen dinner will make its way back into my freezer again because the sauce was disappointing and the cheddar cheese didn’t fit in with the flavors of the other cheeses.

It was a satisfactory and cheesy meal, but it still disappointed me in some regards and so that’s why it gets just a “5″ rating from me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2730051115420131/k2311a0530/5.30.10