Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips  » Books  »
  • I was a bit weary at first because English teachers don't always recommend the most interesting books, but I gave it a shot and found it in my local Barnes and Noble
  • This book, and only a small handful of other books I've read have actually captivated me from the very beginning, so I bought this book and brought it home with me
  • I recommend this novel to high-school students and up, because it includes some sexually explicit scenes and inappropriate language

• by SC

I read this book, Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips last summer. My senior year English teacher recommended it to my whole class. I was a bit weary at first because English teachers don’t always recommend the most interesting books, but I gave it a shot and found it in my local Barnes and Noble. After reading a couple pages into the novel at the bookstore, I was

hooked.

This book, and only a small handful of other books I’ve read have actually captivated me from the very beginning, so I bought this book and brought it home with me. From that point on, I couldn’t put it down. The title of this novel says it all. These Gods and Goddesses ARE acting badly. These celestial beings live under one decrepit home in London and cause ...

• major havoc.

The main plot revolves around three major characters, one of them the God, Apollo. Apollo is love-struck (literally), Neil is a secret admirer and Alice is the source of their affection. Out of jealousy, Apollo creates a lot of problems that not only affect himself, Neil and Alice, but also the world.

This book combines comedy, romance and suspense in one novel. It’s written in different

perspectives for the different characters as well. It helps the novel flow better and helps the reader follow along better. Gods Behaving Badly is a well-written novel, with enough description to help the reader imagine the scene, but not too much that the reader drowns and cannot finish reading the book. I recommend this novel to high-school students and up, because it includes some sexually explicit scenes and inappropriate language.

SC replies :

Well, Aphrodite is the God of love so what can you expect from her? You know what I mean? Since it`s a love triangle thing, you can guess sex happens as well. And swearing as inappropriate language. It`s pretty darn realistic though.

Manmitha says :

What type of innapropriate language and sexual stuff? I mean it is about Gods. Would they really say that???

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1730051115320131/k2311a0530/5.30.10