Foodsaver v2490  » Electronics  »
  • When my husband first bought me the foodsaver v2490 I thought it would be yet another unused appliance in my house
  • I have never had any problem with freezer burn since buying this product

• by rlister
      When my husband first bought me the foodsaver v2490 I thought it would be yet another unused appliance in my house. I was pleasantly surprised when I realized all the many uses that it had.

I first began

using the food saver to make freezer meals.

I have never had any problem with freezer burn since buying this product.

I have been able to freeze items that I had never tried to before.

This product has been great for sliced apples.

I slice apples and seal them in the food saver bag for lunches and it prevents any browning by keeping all the oxygen out.

The set that I received came with several ...

P-E says :

We don’t want to know if you like the principle of vacuuming your food This is not a kitchen tools review. We want to know if this particular foodsaver is better than the others or how long you used it before it broke.

Bill says :

On my Foodsaver V2490 the sealing strip Lower has a wrinkle in the tape. This wrinkle prevents the bag from sealing at this location. Can this be repaired short of sending it off for repair?

John says :

The seal is not remove-able without causing damage to the rest of the foodsaver. You will be required to send it to the manufaturer to have it repaired.

Galega says :

In this case, the entire lower strip needs to be changed. I don’t think you will be able to do it without compromising with the quality of foodsaver. You should consider taking it to a service center.

Glaze Rollins says :

I love my food saver and have had it for a little over a year. When I am vac. and sealing it never stops vacuuming. I have cleaned the seals and made sure nothing was on the seals. Please help. Thanks Glaze

Galega says :

If the unit is losing its vacuum after sometime of sealing the foodsaver, then the problem lies with the seal. Check if vacuum is working fine when you seal it and only gets damaged after a while. If this is the case, then you may be required to change the seal. It can’t be repaired. It will be needed to be changed completely.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161412111531031/k2311a1214/12.14.06