Bump Patrol Aerosol Shave Gel Ultra-Sensitive with Aloe Vera  » Health  »
  • Unfortunately, these little pearls of wisdom do little if anything to help the problem, and you are soon facing a fresh crop of razor burn
  • According to the instructions, the best time to shave is after a hot shower
  • So far I have noticed a reduction in Razor bumps since using this product
  • I think as shave gels go the smell, and lather, make this product an excellent choice even if you do not frequently get razor bumps

• by Jude244

There is nothing worse than knowing you have to wear a swim suit or shorts on vacation and leaving the shower with red, irritated, razor burn. Besides feeling rubbed the wrong way, the unsightly bumps ruin the appearance of freshly shaved skin.

It seemed like no matter what kind of razor I tried and what ever shaving cream I used I just couldn’t get rid of these painful little nuisances. That’s why when I spotted a container of Bump Patrol Shave Gel at a local Walgreen’s I couldn’t wait to try it.

For those of you fortunate not to suffer from pseudofolliculitis barbae, or razor bumps, they are not only unsightly, they can be down right painful if you are not careful and they become infected. What ends up happening is that a hair will curl back on itself and grow

back into the skin.

If you read up on the matter you will often find the usual helpful hints such as using hot water to open the pores before shaving, using a lather to soften the hair, and finishing up with a cold rinse.

Unfortunately, these little pearls of wisdom do little if anything to help the problem, and you are soon facing a fresh crop of razor burn.

As I knew I would be soon be exposing some extra skin on vacation, I figured now would be as good a time as any to try out the M&M Bump Patrol Shave Gel Product. This formula is called the Bump Patrol Aerosol Ultra-Sensitive with Aloe Vera. M&M has a variety of Bump Patrol products both in aerosol and non-aerosol formulas. I chose this particular one not just because it was made ...

• for sensitive skin but also because it would lather.

According to the instructions, the best time to shave is after a hot shower. This product is dispensed from a pump atop a 7 ounce can. Once depressed, a stream of blue gel will be released from the pump. The icy cold turquoise blue gel turns to white lather with few rubs and fills the room with a slightly menthol yet fresh smelling scent.

Ideally this product was formulated to help the razor glide over the skin and minimize the risk of nicks, scrapes, cuts, and the dreaded razor burn. The Aloe Vera not only adds some moisture to help the blades glide easier, but the cooling gel is well known for its beneficial healing benefits for the skin.

So far I have noticed a reduction in Razor bumps since

using this product. I don’t know if any product will completely eliminate them, however I hope with continued use this one will lessen them enough so that I am not so self-conscious about their appearance or uncomfortable in my own skin.

I think as shave gels go the smell, and lather, make this product an excellent choice even if you do not frequently get razor bumps. I also found that the price was not so much higher than the regular shave gels that I would hesitate to buy it again.

Although I wish I could say that this totally eliminated my razor bumps, it might be more accurate to say that it improved the appearance and lessened the irritation considerably. If you’d like to try it look for it in Walgreens or order it online for 4.29 USD at the M&M Products website.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428051115090531/k2311a0528/5.28.10