Michelina’s Chicken Fried Rice
  • This is a delicious frozen meal that I love to have on occasion
  • The carrots are among the most tasty, although like all frozen carrots it seems, they come out tasting soft and not crispy, like I like them

• by CirclingCanvas

This is a delicious frozen meal that I love to have on occasion. It’s not exactly filling on its own, so I tend to have to add some mashed potatoes and bread, but when I do that, I end up getting filled up mighty nicely and I end up being immensely satisfied, too. First of all, the chicken in this meal is savory and tender. Each piece is just scrumptious. There’s

a fair amount of chicken included, too. The rice is tasty too, and it’s generously seasoned. It’s not too hard, either. Mixed in with the rice is a medley of vegetables that taste fresh and have plenty of flavor too.

The carrots are among the most tasty, although like all frozen carrots it seems, they come out tasting soft and not crispy, like I like them. Still, they taste great, and that’s important too! The bell peppers rival the carrots in flavor. I love peppers and these don’t disappoint. Potent aroma and wonderful flavor, and they are even a little on the crispy side, although they’re still relatively soft. The peas are next up in terms of taste and they don’t go unnoticed when I get some in my mouth. They’re soft and tasty. The onions are sharp too and hold up well ...

• Michelina's Chicken Fried Rice
      against the other flavors. The celery is the weakest of the bunch and I tend to not even notice it. Still, there’s so many great flavors at work here that I don’t care if one isn’t so hot. What’s important is how good all of vegetables and rice taste with the chicken, and they all compliment each other very appropriately!

There’s a lot to enjoy and love about this frozen dinner.

For the most part, everything is tender and flavorful and fresh, too. If the meal was more filling and the carrots crispier and the celery more easily tasted, I’d give this frozen dinner a “10″ rating, but instead, it gets a solid “9″. The few shortcomings doesn’t keep me away, and a lot of times I can get this frozen dinner for a dollar, and that’s just an incredible value considering the quality and quantity!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728051114730431/k2311a0528/5.28.10