CitiLink Bus System in Fort Wayne, Indiana  » General services  »
  • A day pass is the best buy, unless you get the monthly pass, for $45.00
  • When we ride CitiLink, my son and I know that even if we are a little bit late, or a little bit early, we'll get there safely

• by AmericanWomanOnline

I ride the bus in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and it’s very easy. A day pass is the best buy, unless you get the monthly pass, for $45.00. A day pass only costs $3.00. It’s a good deal, as the regular fare is $1.25. There are no transfers any more. I’ve had a few drivers who were rude here and there, or that just had that ‘cold’ demeanor, but they don’t seem to last long. The customer service line really does listen to complaints from riders. The routes cover Fort Wayne

entirely, but there are a few pockets of town where you do end up having to walk up to a mile to get to.

One complaint I do have with CitiLink is that on Saturdays, they end early, around 5:30 PM. The buses don’t run at all on Sundays. Holidays, it’s the same - no service. Not really good for a city like Fort Wayne that is trying to portray itself as grown up. Fort Wayne has a long way to go before it’s going to be recognized as a truly metropolitan area. When they can update not only its buses, but the routes and services times, then it will have taken a huge step towards becoming a true ‘big city’. Another aspect of CitiLink that many people, including myself, do not like, is that the buses are on an hour long route. If you miss your bus, you’re waiting an hour for another one.

When we ride CitiLink, my son and I know that even if we are a little bit late, or a little bit early, we’ll get there safely. The drivers are extremely good at their ...

• CitiLink Bus System in Fort Wayne, Indiana
      jobs, and they are very professional and also are very friendly. It’s a rare thing that we come across a driver who isn’t both. And when the bus is running late, we know that it’s been late for other people because of us in the past, waiting for me to grab my bags of groceries, or to fold up the stroller that I had my son sitting in. They didn’t get disgusted and drive off. They were polite and waited. They’ve gotten us places that we wouldn’t have otherwise been able to
      go to, and that affects every aspect of our lives. If you live in Fort Wayne, try the bus system and see how much gas you can save just over one week, especially when you’re out shopping.

I’m giving them a 9, instead of a 10, because I would really like to see more buses in their system, and I’d like to see more city covered. It also hurts riders who need the bus to come every half hour instead of on the hour.

stephen says :

i wanna go to red cross centar fort wayne,in.what kind of bus i have to take? from3416 diplomat dr fort wayne,in.

AmericanWomanOnline replies :

Stephen, sorry I am late with a response. You should call 260-432-4546 and ask the person who answers. Don`t be surprised if they put you on hold for a few minutes. When they come back on the phone, you can also ask them to send you a set of bus schedules and a map, free. Since you have online access, you can also go to their website. I can`t post it here, but you can search for CITILINK FORT WAYNE and you will find them that way. Pick the one that says fwcitilink. Hope this helps

Sheryl Gardner says :

I don’t ride bus very often.my daughter an I had bad exspirence the male driver little skinny black man. he acted as if we done something.I wanted to curse him but held back. we got on bus two months later the same bus driver nasty attitude. now I had it ..but I didn’t curse him out I called in while on bus ride. I talked to lady told her wat bus we were on an she calmed me down telling me not to let bus driver bad attitude ruin my day.she was right.

Darling Violetta says :

What time does the bus service begin operating during the weekdays? What about on Saturday?

Marg says :

Most start times are different depending on the route. You can get specific route times here:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2528051114400431/k2311a0528/5.28.10