Stamina InStride Pro Stepper  » Health  »
  • I think it almost works better than a full-fledged stair-stepper, and it's been a great addition to my little personal hide-away gym
  • I sometimes find it difficult to use the resistance tubing at the same time as stepping, as it's definitely a difficult workout and takes some coordination that I might lack, but it's still an excellent piece and I've gotten a lot of use out of it so it was worth the money in the long run

• by Anasuya

I have about six or seven pieces of fold-away or easily storable exercise equipment in my house that I’ve gathered over the last two years. Of all those, the Stamina InStride Pro Stepper was one of the top most expensive ones at about $70, but it came with quite a bit more than some of the other things I’ve purchased.

I’m not a health nut or fitness guru by any stretch of the imagination, but when I get into the mood to exercise, I’d like to have the benefit of many different types of exercises available at my fingertips, without having to go to a gym or invest in a membership I likely wouldn’t keep up with

year round.

When I did used to go to a gym, the one piece of equipment I really liked was the stair stepper, as it was the one piece of equipment I felt I was getting a really good workout out of.

This seemed like it would be a good alternative.

It’s just a simple base, with two large pedals (more than sufficient for your feet), and the base is very stable, so you don’t feel like you’re going to tip the thing over as soon as you stand up on it.

There are two rubber resistance tubes that you can connect to the base, and they have handles on the other end, so you can work your ...

• upper body while you’re doing the stair stepper.

It has a monitor on it, which was a nice touch, that told you how many steps you are taking and it times your workouts.

The only thing I really didn’t like about it (but proved to be the most beneficial) is that there’s no handle to hold on to while your stepping.

You have to rely solely on your own sense of balance to stay on this stepper and keep going.

Sometimes, I’d push it up near a wall, and place my hands on the wall for some added security, otherwise there were times I felt like I was about to fall of it because I kept losing my

balance.

But, on the same token, you it helps you strengthen your calves a great deal because you DO have to work on your balance and holding yourself up there on your own.

I think it almost works better than a full-fledged stair-stepper, and it’s been a great addition to my little personal hide-away gym.

I sometimes find it difficult to use the resistance tubing at the same time as stepping, as it’s definitely a difficult workout and takes some coordination that I might lack, but it’s still an excellent piece and I’ve gotten a lot of use out of it so it was worth the money in the long run.

InStride has come out with some real (and affordable) winners.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428051114390431/k2311a0528/5.28.10