SinuCleanse Kids Mist  » Health  »
  • My kids have unfortunately developed the same issues with their sinuses as I've had with mine the last several years
  • They were young, so I didn't particularly like the idea of doping them up with over-the-counter congestion medication that would almost undoubtedly leave them feeling tired and as exhausted as they were already feeling, so when I found the SinuCleanse Kids Mist for only $4, it seemed like a perfect solution
  • I knew I was probably going to have some problem getting my kids to use it because most kids aren't going to like the feeling of something going up their nose, but I was hoping they wouldn't fight me too much on this one
  • Actually, I think this little curved metal tube, which is the part that actually goes in the nose, isn't all that safe when I stop to think about it, because the chances of some kid shoving that thing too far up their nostril seems WAY too likely
  • If they could figure out another administrating tool, then it might be a little more likeable, but it's definitely inexpensive, and you only need to purchase the bottle once

• by Anasuya

My kids have unfortunately developed the same issues with their sinuses as I’ve had with mine the last several years. I actually didn’t grow up having sinus problems until I moved to Michigan, and then it’s been like a daily occurance for the past eight years. And, probably as a result of the same move, my kids also started getting the stuffy noses and sinus congestion that I was experiencing, though I was never entirely sure it was allergies, even if they seemed to be otherwise feeling fine.

They were young, so I didn’t particularly like the idea of doping them up with over-the-counter congestion medication that would almost undoubtedly leave them feeling tired and as exhausted as they were already feeling,

so when I found the SinuCleanse Kids Mist for only $4, it seemed like a perfect solution. I knew I was probably going to have some problem getting my kids to use it because most kids aren’t going to like the feeling of something going up their nose, but I was hoping they wouldn’t fight me too much on this one.

It’s 100% natural with nothing more than salt water in it really, so it’s just a saline nasal wash, and it comes in a bottle that looks a heck of a lot like a perfume bottle with a little tube that comes up from the pump at a curved angle. Actually, I think this little curved metal tube, which is the ...

• part that actually goes in the nose, isn’t all that safe when I stop to think about it, because the chances of some kid shoving that thing too far up their nostril seems WAY too likely.

You do 1-5 pumps into each nostril every hour as needed. Since it’s just a saline mist, it’s pretty safe to use no matter how often you need it.

It’s a very fine mist too, and my kids actually didn’t even realize anything more than air was going up their noses. After the first time, they didn’t fight me too much, though I still think that curved nozel is just a little intimidating looking to an adult, much less to a child.

If they could figure

out another administrating tool, then it might be a little more likeable, but it’s definitely inexpensive, and you only need to purchase the bottle once. You can keep refilling it with the saline preservative packets which you can buy seperately for pennies in comparison to other nasal washes.

Very gentle on kids, just be sure it’s always used with supervision and make sure you do the pumps yourself. You don’t have to be careful about the pumping either, as the same amount of mist is released each and every time, so it’s very controlled.

Works, because my kids felt relief and weren’t nearly as stuffy afterwards, but you have to use it often, and it can look like a daunting thing to put up your nose.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428051114380431/k2311a0528/5.28.10