Aint It Cool News website  » Movies  »
  • For me, when it comes to movie news, there are a few key websites I turn to that I know I can trust and which are usually filled with juicy and exciting movie news
  • The biggest reason I love Ain't It Cool News is that it is populated and run by the biggest movie nerds you will ever meet in your life
  • If you're a movie junkie like myself, I suggest you give it a shot

• by Paradigmgeek

If you love movies as much as I do, then it stands to reason that you also like to hear about developments on movies that have yet to come out or about the different ideas being thrown around Hollywood and other parts of the world. You can get such news from Fox or Yahoo, but the truth is, these are websites that are more interested in news in general and only devote some of their resources to movies. For me, when it comes to movie news, there are a few key websites I turn to that I know I can trust and which are usually filled with juicy and exciting movie news. One of these websites is Ain’t It Cool News.

The biggest reason I love Ain’t It Cool News is that it is populated and run by the biggest movie nerds you will ever meet

in your life. These aren’t people who watch movies for a paycheck. These are people who watch movies out of pure passion and would do so all day every day, paycheck or no. This is very important to me because these are people who are discerning in their taste and know their subject matter very well. I feel that when I get my film news from them, I am getting it from close to the top. This is quality movie news reporting from people with a passion. I simply don’t get this from Yahoo and Fox. In addition, many of the main guys who run the show over at Ain’t It Cool News have insider access to the business and are very close with many stars and directors. This means that when I go there, a lot of the news ...

• I hear is straight from the mouths of the bigwigs in Hollywood.

Not only that, but Ain’t It Cool News also serves as a portal for TV , comic book, and DVD news. It’s always nice to look at the weekly DVD picks, where the site’s creator, Harry Knowles, goes over pretty much each DVD release offered for the week, writing a little blurb after each one. This has been helpful for me as I know all of the goodies which are being released and which movies I should either just rent or skip over. As a nerd, I get a lot of all the news I want from Ain’t It Cool, including movies, television, DVDs, and comic books. It’s my little nerdy news service in its own cozy little corner of the internet.

My only gripe is that Harry and all the others are not

very conservative when it comes to their language. Most of their reviews are filled with language and a lot of the movies Harry recommends are very raunchy. He seems to have a thing for 70’s fetish and exploitation films. I hate this aspect to Ain’t It Cool. In addition, the talkbacks (comments sections) for each piece of news are usually filled with users who spout ridiculous, inflammatory, raunchy, and otherwise offensive drivel. I rarely read the talkbacks. There’s no point and I really just feel dirty and harassed by the time I’ve decided to stop reading them.

Overall, despite the seedy underbelly of Ain’t It Cool News, I still regard it as one of my favorite and trusted movie news sources. If you’re a movie junkie like myself, I suggest you give it a shot. Visit Ain’t It Cool News at www.aintitcool.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1128051114240431/k2311a0528/5.28.10