The Doors - Touch Me (Song)  » Music  »
  • Aside form the brilliant introduction to the song, I think something which a listener will notice right away is the instrumentation of this track

• by Grimmy101

Touch Me is a track which appears on The Soft Parade, an album by The Doors. Aside form the brilliant introduction to the song, I think something which a listener will notice right away is the instrumentation of this track. Touch Me features instruments which are certainly outside the typical instrumentation of The Doors

or really most rock bands of the 1960s for that matter. Touch Me features a brass section along with a string section which really adds a unique tone to the overall sound of the song, but I have to admit that it works with Morrison’s vocals extremely well. I have to say that without ...

• this outside instrumentation I think that Touch Me would still be a good track, but the outside instrumentation adds an extremely unique feel and I think that it makes the song just a lot better overall as it’s able to certainly make itself known and distinguish itself easily from all the other songs by
        The Doors or even just the songs of this era because the instrumentation experimentation. Touch Me has sort of a waltz feel to it and it really isn’t the sound which I typically associate with The Doors, but it’s certainly a sound that I think they pulled off and that I don’t mind at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1428051113480231/k2311a0528/5.28.10