Vicks BabyRub Soothing Ointment  » Health  »
  • Now, I'm not necessarily a homeopathic or holistic nut, as I believe there's a time and place of medication, even for children, but if I can avoid giving a child under the age of two medication for a stuffy nose and general icky feelings, then I'll definitely avoid it
  • I found Vicks BabyRub Soothing Ointment for $5 which is even more expensive than the Vicks for adults, but I was willing to pay the price to have something subtle enough for infants
  • And they've all told me it was one of the best products they've been given or been recommended to use

• by Anasuya

Count on Vicks to come out with a baby rub! I’ve grown up using vicks products, as my mother always had jars and jars of it around the house (at least two in every bathroom), and used it on my kids. But, I’ve never been particularly okay with the idea of using the full strength vicks products on children under the age of two. Now, I’m not necessarily a homeopathic or holistic nut, as I believe there’s a time and place of medication, even for children, but if I can avoid giving a child under the age of two medication for a stuffy nose and general icky feelings, then I’ll definitely avoid it.

I loved this product because

it provides the same calming and soothing effects as a regular vicks product, but is more suited for an infant. I found Vicks BabyRub Soothing Ointment for $5 which is even more expensive than the Vicks for adults, but I was willing to pay the price to have something subtle enough for infants.

I kept one of these on me at all times. My kids didn’t get sick often as infants, but the stuffy nose was always the worst, because you can just hear the congest gurgling in their poor little chests, and their nose get red and run so much and all you can do is hold them and try to calm them as much as possible.

...

• I love this product, more than any other vicks product, because of the ingredients. It has eucalyptus, which is the tell tale smell you get in a Vicks product, but it also has aloe and lavender and rosemary, which helps counteract that medicinal smell.

The eucalyptus is still strong enough to help relieve some of the congestion, but lavender has been proven to relax infants and children, so when I used it, it didn’t surprise me that my little one would calm down and fall asleep within the hour. I’ll be honest and say that I’ve even used this on myself when I felt some congestion coming on.

It’s not nearly as greasy as the adult version of

the product and feels and acts more like a lotion than anything. It rubs in very thoroughly, and there’s no fear of it getting all over sheets and clothes, and it certainly never stained anything.

I’m always more than willing to pay the price to have this product, and even though my kids are no grown up, and far beyond their infancy years, I STILL have this product around, and am always adding it to gift baskets for friends who are having babies. And they’ve all told me it was one of the best products they’ve been given or been recommended to use.

I think it’s fantastic and smells great. Far less intense than the adult version, but just as effective.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428051113300231/k2311a0528/5.28.10