Snuggle Exhilarations White Lavender & Sandalwood Concentrated Fabric Softener  » Housewares  »
  • Mom loves it, I love it and even my boyfriend who is extremely picky about how things smell loves it
  • But when someone is introducing smells into another person’s personal space, well I think that’s everybody’s business
  • Looking at the bottle now, I see that they recommend diluting it a bit if your washer has an automatic fill which mine does
  • It’s a lucky break for me when everyone can agree on a scented product for household use

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

My washing machine is high efficiency, so I can’t just cheap out and use any old fabric softener I want. Having said that, I’m still particular about the scent and just how much I use. In general I am not a fan of Downy’s April Fresh fabric softener, for instance. Actually, years ago I was going through an anti fragrance phase and did without liquid fabric softener entirely and used unscented dryer sheets only. I’ve never been a fabric softener person. It’s only since I’ve gotten a new high efficiency washer and dryer that I’ve made my way back to liquid fabric softeners. I have found that you do need to take the high efficiency thing seriously, otherwise the machine just stops mid cycle because of the excess suds.

So, I’m happy to report that Snuggle fabric softener is not only suitable for high efficiency machines, but seems to work really great whether I use

a little or a lot. I don’t bother with the matching dryer sheets in my gas dryer, and yet the clothes still come out soft and I never get static cling.

This particular scent of Snuggle is a favorite in my little circle. Mom loves it, I love it and even my boyfriend who is extremely picky about how things smell loves it. He actually likes to put in an extra capful. I personally like to go easy on fabric softener, because I feel using too much can make you sneeze and make your skin itchy. I try to follow the motto of to each his own. But when someone is introducing smells into another person’s personal space, well I think that’s everybody’s business. He uses so much that we’d have to have a talk if he chose a fabric softener that I didn’t like the smell of. I guess that makes me sort of ...

• picky too.

Luckily, I find that even when he uses so much Snuggle that I can smell it on him, I find that it’s not an obnoxious or unpleasant scent at all. I think the lavender gives it a nice fresh scent, never cloyingly sweet. And the sandalwood scent seems to be enjoyable to both sexes. We use it on the bedsheets too, and everyonce in a while when the window’s open I get a nice whiff of perfumed air from the bed. Nothing overpowering, just nice and subtly exotic.

Looking at the bottle now, I see that they recommend diluting it a bit if your washer has an automatic fill which mine does. I’ve actually never paid attention to these instructions. Even so, I can’t ever recall having issues with spotting, that is undissolved fabric softener winding up on my clothes. That’s great because I usually have barely enough time to put my clothes through

one wash cycle, let alone rewash them a second time.

The only downside is if I started using as much Snuggle as the bf uses, it could get a bit expensive. Every penny saved counts around here. Luckily, I’m pretty frugal so I can make the stuff last a good long while.

Anyway, I think it’s worth the extra cost. It’s a lucky break for me when everyone can agree on a scented product for household use. I just want everyone to be happy. So I don’t even bother with trying other brands of fabric softener at this point. Fabric softener shopping is easy for me now, because this brand and scent is all I ever use. I just go right for the Snuggle section and grab the purple bottle and move onto more complicated decisions like what to make us all for dinner.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5327051113090631/k2311a0527/5.27.10