Avatar movie 2009  » Movies  »
  • There were many parallels to Native American culture, which I enjoyed, that being my own ancestry

• by reviewabit

I saw the movie Avatar three times– twice in the theater in 3-D, and once at home in 2-D as a rental. I’d been looking forward to seeing it months before it ever came out.

The big question always being: would it live up to all the hype? I think, in many ways, it did.

There is no question that this movie is

a visual work of art.

The Navi are by far the coolest looking aliens ever to come out of Hollywood.

The 3-d effects and CGI animation have set the bar so high that I almost feel sorry for anyone trying to come up with something to top it with.

The movie itself, without all the visual effects, rather ordinary.

The plot was an overused ...

• one, although I did enjoy the not-so-thinly-veiled political messages intertwined in it.

The characters were very relatable and the acting good.

There were quite a few “holes” in the plot though, which makes me think more attention was paid to the visual and not quite enough to the story itself.

What was “unobtainium” and why was it worth so much money anyway? Thinking too

much about details when watching Avatar can make you miss what was really intended– spectacular fantasy elements that dazzle the senses.

Weak plot or not, I did see the movie three times.

There were many parallels to Native American culture, which I enjoyed, that being my own ancestry.

I have even heard a few people say they would buy a 3-D television just to see Avatar.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127051112740631/k2311a0527/5.27.10