Highway Patrol: Taxi TV Show  » TV  »
2.5
  • I'm so used to seeing Flynn as a funny man that this is almost shocking to me

• by Orrymain

Highway Patrol: Taxi has comedian Joe Flynn playing a vicious robber and killer. I’m so used to seeing Flynn as a funny man that this is almost shocking to me. I don’t believe in all these decades that I have seen him play this kind of character. He’s also a little strange in this character.

Flynn plays Steve Stankey, who we first

see robbing a gas station. He shoots the guy in the shoulder and leaves. He forces his way into a car for a getaway, then tries to get into a faster sports car, kills a cop, and then decides not to kill the owner of the sports car since he can tie him up. It’s a theme he repeats in that ...

• he’s not afraid to kill, but he’ll let someone live if he can tie him up. It’s all a little disconcerting.

Of course, the California Highway Patrol is eager to find Stankey, and they give chase. There’s not a lot of excitement with that part of it, to be honest.

Actually, Flynn is this whole show. He’s very believable as a villain, and

that still amazes me. He held my interest.

The scene at the beginning when the cop was shot was poorly staged. I can’t blame them that much, though; that’s how Hollywood did things back in the 50’s — just pull out the gun and shoot.

Overall, it’s an average show, but like I said, I’m amazed at Flynn’s flexibility and range; I didn’t know he had it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1027051111970431/k2311a0527/5.27.10