Sea Hunt: Dead Man’s Cove TV Show  » TV  »
  • My problem is that he does it very unemotionally
  • It was educational in that I learned some things I didn't know about deep sea diving, and it was fun to watch because of the familiar guest stars

• by Orrymain

Sea Hunt: Dead Man’s Cove featured Leonard Nimoy as the primary guest star. Nimoy was on the show quite a bit. In this outing, he’s a man who claims his wife died accidentally while they were skin diving. There’s about a five minute scene where he’s in the police detective’s office, telling his story to Mike Nelson (Lloyd Bridges), who has been called in

by the detective to give his opinion on the validity of the man’s story.

Nimoy narrates the action. My problem is that he does it very unemotionally. You’d never know he was talking about his wife. When he’s done, he breaks down and cries. Even if Nimoy’s character of Tyler is lying, I would have liked to have seen a bit more emotion or ...

• attitude during this scene instead of just the unbelievable crying at the end.

The other funny bit for me was Nimoy’s little mustache. He just isn’t the mustache type. He can play good guys and bad guys, but the mustache just doesn’t help him.

The police detective, Lt. Quinn, is played by Peter Hanson. I met him a couple of times because of his years on

General Hospital, so he stands out when he appears in a show.

I liked this episode. It was educational in that I learned some things I didn’t know about deep sea diving, and it was fun to watch because of the familiar guest stars. It was a new take on a diving story, too, giving us a scenario we probably hadn’t seen before so that was nice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1027051111830431/k2311a0527/5.27.10