Oprah: Will Smith and family 5/17/2010 TV Show  » TV  »
  • Remembering that I'm not a fan, that shows how interesting the show was
  • I learned so much about this modern family, and I liked most of it
  • I would definitely trying to catch this in rerun

• by Orrymain

I’m not really a fan of Will Smith or his wife, Jada Pinkett-Smith, but there wasn’t anything else on TV on Monday, May 17, 2010, so I tuned into Oprah and ended up spending a pretty enjoyable hour learning about the Smith family and how they live. Remembering that I’m not a fan, that shows how interesting the show was. It actually had some fascinating moments in it.

Along with Will and Jada, all three of the Smith kids

were on the show for the entire hour, and in the audience was the mother (Will’s ex-wife) of the oldest boy, Trey. That fact amazed me.

Here is why I was impressed. The Smiths, Mrs. current and past, long ago put aside their issues with the other in favor of doing what was right for the children. What an amazing example that was. Both women talked about it on the show. It’s a brilliant example.

Then there ...

• was the stories about the family’s three month stay in China where they filmed a remake of The Karate Kid. Trey had football and couldn’t go with them, though. However, Will apparently flew home every single weekend to watch Trey play in his games. Now how cool of a man is that? His ex-wife was smiling brightly and applauding vigorously along with the audience.

I learned so much about this modern family, and I liked most of

it. Will’s a sharp cookie. I wish he spoke on a more casual level sometimes. He has a tendency to speak in these intellectual overtones and generalities, not from arrogance or anything like that, but just in how he tries to express himself. I wanted a simpler explanation every now and then.

That said, I was quite taken by all of the Smiths. The kids were amazing as well. I would definitely trying to catch this in rerun.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1027051111680431/k2311a0527/5.27.10