Stargate Universe: Subversion TV Show  » TV  »
2.5
  • Okay, I hate the thing, but I’ve had to watch a few episodes in order to see Michael Shanks, who is a terrific actor and my #2 personal all time favorite actor
  • However, Anderson had a solo scene where he goes about the Destiny and inhabits the body of a corporal
  • I wish they had more to do because the rest of this hour was a mess

• by Orrymain

Most everyone who knows me knows that I’m not a fan of Stargate Universe. Okay, I hate the thing, but I’ve had to watch a few episodes in order to see Michael Shanks, who is a terrific actor and my #2 personal all time favorite actor. That’s why I’m watching this last episode of Stargate Universe’s first season. Entitled Subversion, not only is Shanks in it, but so is Richard Dean Anderson. Shanks and Anderson together – now that’s a winning combination.

Of course, I went

in not expecting much. Indeed, there was a lot of cloak and dagger type of action with Nicholas Rush using the communication stones to return to Earth in the body of Colonel Telford. Telford is played by Lou Diamond Phillips.

“Daniel, come in.” Now those were wonderful words, spoken by Anderson to Shanks, who responded with the absolute, ‘Jack, what is it?“ It was brilliant SG-1, and that’s the only reason why I’m watching. Truly, they weren’t in the same room, but it’s all in ...

• the tone. Ten seconds made the whole show. Of course, that happened only 20 minutes into the show, so I was hoping for better even.

There was another small scene with the two in the same room. It was nice, but I’ve read they intentionally toned their interaction down. Still, there are a couple of looks that remind us SG-1 loyalists of that magical Jack and Daniel relationship.

However, Anderson had a solo scene where he goes about the Destiny and inhabits the body of a corporal.

Then he goes the wrong way. Now that’s Jack O’Neill, and that was fun.

I really don’t care squat about the story, which makes no sense if you don’t know how communication stones work. What is obvious to me is that they are already out of space exploration stories and are having to do more contained political tales. It’s not interesting.

Shanks and Anderson were great. I wish they had more to do because the rest of this hour was a mess. Phillips was just wasted in this show.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1027051111460431/k2311a0527/5.27.10