Stevia Balance with Inulin & Chromium by NOW  » Health  »
  • Maybe I am reformed, but there were so many interesting products at the shop that I wish I had longer to linger
  • I found myself drawn to it like a moth to a flame

• by Jude244

I stopped by a local Health Food Store yesterday looking for some inspiration. Recently I have taken measures to clean up my diet, and to explore new and healthier alternatives, but I have to say the amount of new choices is mind boggling. Honestly, I walk in this Garden of Gluten-free Eden and find myself overwhelmed.

Perhaps it’s a twinge of guilt over a lifetime of questionable diets that leaves me to wonder if the conspicuously pale and slight Vegans behind the counter can tell of my former wicked ways. No matter, I push past my insecurities, nearly trip over a bushel or organic produce, and vow that my trip will not be wasted.

Thankfully, I did not have to look very hard. Maybe I am reformed, but there were so many interesting products at the shop that I wish I had longer to linger. As if the fates had conspired to keep me there as well, a sudden down pour in the midst of a sunny day barred my exit and extended my stay. Luckily it was then that I spotted an item I might have otherwise overlooked.

There amongst the organic cake mixes and exotic pesticide free grown herbs and spices was a box that stood out from the rest. It was like a jolt of neon orange sunshine exploding in a sea of dye-free compostable earth friendly packaging. I found myself drawn to it like a moth to a flame. Happily, it was something that I had intended to buy on my regular grocery shopping trip.

That bold orange box contained 100 packets of Stevia Balance with Inulin & Chromium. Recently, I had converted to Stevia after reading Jorge Cruise’s Belly Fat Cure Diet. For years I had used tons of the addictive white stuff, until I had begun to fear diabetes and made the switch to Sweet and Low and Splenda. Now after doing a little online research I have found that these substitutes may be doing more harm than good.

It was time to try to try something ...

• Stevia Balance with Inulin & Chromium by NOW
      new. A month ago I purchased Stevia in the Raw at a local Publix and was happy more or less with the taste. Although Stevia is said to be 30 times sweeter than sugar I still had to use two packets of the Raw to have my coffee taste even close to normal.

Happily Stevia Balance with Inulin & Chromium seems sweeter than the Raw Stevia and immediately was an improvement over the other. I have now used Stevia Balance in fruit smoothies, coffee, and a number of items which turned out great.

When you purchase this particular product you receive 100 packets of Stevia Balance the natural herb extract. These packets are

Saccharin and Aspartame free as well as contain no calories. One thing that sets this product apart from all the other Stevia boxes at grocery stores is that the packets also contain 900 mg Inulin and 50 mcg Chromium.

Inulin as I understand it, acts as a prebiotic stimulating the growth of friendly intestinal flora. It also does not lead to a rise in serum glucose, or stimulate insulin secretion. Chromium, a trace mineral, may be involved in carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism, as it may enhance the action of insulin.

While I purchased my box at a health food store, Stevia Balance can be found in packets of 100 from 9.36- 16.14 USD on Amazon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426051109981031/k2311a0526/5.26.10