Neutrogena Sunblock Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch  » Cosmetics  »
  • I decided to try the sun block nevertheless and purchased it at my local drug store
  • I think it can be used for the face as well as the body, but I figured that I would only use this pricier sun block for my face, the part of my body with the most sensitive skin
  • The sun block looks great under makeup, but a day or two later, I noticed that my skin broke out

• by kirbystar7

One of the reasons I dread the summer months is because I have to wear sun block. My skin is very sensitive, especially the skin on my face, and I immediately break out as soon as I apply sun block. Sun block tends to clog my pores and make my face really oily. Even sun block that claims to be oil-free causes me to get acne and get an unsightly sheen on my face. Putting makeup on after putting on the sun block doesn’t help too much with the shine and causes clumps in some parts of my face. I want a sun block that does not cause acne or shine and looks fine underneath makeup.

I was complaining to my friend when she recommended Neutrogena Sunblock,

Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch. I had read in a magazine that many celebrities use dry sun block, but I was skeptical because I had read a review at some point that it still causes pores to be clogged and thus acne break outs. I decided to try the sun block nevertheless and purchased it at my local drug store.

I decided to purchase the SPF 55 kind. I do not want my face tanning too much, but I also did not want my face to look completely different from the shade of my body after being in the sun. I also have a very thin layer of skin at the bridge of my nose, which requires extra care. Neutrogena’s Sunblock is on the pricier side for a small ...

• bottle, a little more than ten dollars. I think it can be used for the face as well as the body, but I figured that I would only use this pricier sun block for my face, the part of my body with the most sensitive skin.

As I applied the sun block, there was no greasiness. In fact, I felt like I was putting on some sort of wax on my face, or even a makeup primer. There was no oily sheen. Putting on makeup was also very easy. There were no clumps of makeup where there was more sun block. I was very happy with the application process.

After being in the sun for a while, I decided to put more sun block on my face,

especially at the bridge of my nose. My waterproof mascara had run, giving me raccoon eyes, but when I used the sun block, it removed the runny makeup, which I was very pleased about.

At the end of the day, I realized looking in the mirror that I had gotten tanner, but not too much. My skin did suffer a bit, not as badly as when I use other sun blocks, but I did gain some acne on my forehead.

Overall, I am satisfied with this product, but wish that there would be some way for my skin not to break out at all with the use of sun block. The sun block looks great under makeup, but a day or two later, I noticed that my skin broke out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126051109951031/k2311a0526/5.26.10