Chandrika, Handmade Ayurvedic Soap  » Cosmetics  »
  • Imagine your whole body engulfed in an exotically sensual, silky smooth fragrant rich lather, an experience that makes you feel like as though you were getting pampered in some heavenly spa in some far off land
  • Once in the shower, I wet my pouf and applied a little bit of the soap and wow the amount of lather it generated was amazing
  • It did not dry out my face at all but I decided to use it on my face only once a week just to give a super clean feel
  • I love how my skin felt so soft and smooth and moisturized
  • I can’t recommend this soap enough to everyone for its gentleness, purity, all natural ingredients, its being free from harmful chemicals and for that out of this world feeling that comes with bathing with it

• by true_value

Imagine your whole body engulfed in an exotically sensual, silky smooth fragrant rich lather, an experience that makes you feel like as though you were getting pampered in some heavenly spa in some far off land. That is exactly how I felt when I used the Chandrika Ayurvedic soap in my shower. This little soap is a gem.

I stumbled upon this soap at my friend’s place. I needed to use the washroom and the moment I stepped in I was struck by how fragrant her bathroom was. I wondered what freshener/deodorizer she used. When I asked her she told me it was her soap. I got interested and she explained that It was an all natural Ayurvedic soap that is good for skin. She

showed me a new pack and I remembered having seen it a lot of times at the stores but since I only use liquid soaps I wasn’t keen.

I was glad when she gave me the new soap to keep and I couldn’t help but take a sniff once a while. It was a lovely pungent but pleasant spicy, musky smell.

The moment I came home, I unwrapped the soap. It was an old fashioned green paper carton box and inside was the soap wrapped in clear cellophane and over it a organic looking paper leaflet with information regarding the soap its ingredients, directions for use address and contact details of the manufacturers. The soap is made of 66.76% coconut oil and is the first main ingredient followed by wild ginger oil, lemon peel oil, orange oil, sandalwood oil and other Ayurvedic extracts. The soap is handmade and contains no animal products.

The soap itself is small, green in color and rectangular in shape with a stamp on both sides. I took a sniff and couldn’t wait to step into the shower. Once in the shower, I wet my pouf and applied a little bit of the soap and wow the amount of lather it generated was amazing. The lather was so fine and silky smooth, it was a treat showering with it. It rinsed clean without leaving any film on the body and I felt squeaky clean. I got tempted to even used it on my face since the soap is made with all natural ingredients ...

• Chandrika, Handmade Ayurvedic Soap
      and most of it is coconut oil. It did not dry out my face at all but I decided to use it on my face only once a week just to give a super clean feel. If you do this be sure to keep your eyes closed the citrus oils in the soap will sting.

After the shower, my whole body felt so clean, cool and refreshed I felt as though I had taken a shower after months. The smell lingered on for a long time although it kind of mellows with time. I love how my skin felt so soft and smooth and moisturized. After a few uses the acne on my back vanished, it was one of the problems I always had due to my oily back.

I also noticed that it heals small cuts and bruises quickly it is probably the astringent qualities of the soap that comes with the lemon peel oil.

Best of all this soap is very inexpensive compared with other soaps at only S$1.00 per soap and can be bought at any Indian store or leading online stores like drugstore.com or Amazon.

I can’t recommend this soap enough to everyone for its gentleness, purity, all natural ingredients, its being free from harmful chemicals and for that out of this world feeling that comes with bathing with it. That fragrance!!

Keep in mind not to use too much of the soap as a little is enough and the soap will last longer. You know you are using too much if your later is greenish. It should be white.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126051109730931/k2311a0526/5.26.10