Stamina InStride Foldaway Step ‘n Tone  » Health  »
  • I managed to buy a fold-away exercise bike that was just a floor unit that folded neatly in half and would fit under the bed, and I really enjoyed it because it was so convenient and I could just sit on my couch and exercise while watching television
  • The only problem I found with the unit is that it can slide around on the floor, especially if you're using it on a carpeted area

• by Anasuya

I am a total sucker for exercise equipment that is easy to store. When we lived in our mobile home community, it was really nice and they provided us with free 24 hour access to their gym, and I took total advantage of that. They had quite a few machines and, when we moved to our brand new condo, I knew I was going to miss it.

I managed to buy a fold-away exercise bike that was just a floor unit that folded neatly in half and would fit under the bed, and I really enjoyed it because it was so convenient and I could just sit on my couch and exercise while watching television. So

when I saw the Stamina InStride Foldaway Step ‘n Tone, I knew I had to have it, especially since it was only $40 and it had exercise hand grips with the rubber, that you could pull on.

Basically, it’s shapped traingularly, with a solid base and two trampoline like pads to put your feet on. Then you have these two handles that have the rubber connecting it to the base unit, and you pull on those to exercise your arms while you’re stepping on the pads to exercise your thighs and hips.

It’s incredibly lightweight and totally portable, and I can easily drag it with me wherever I want to take it. I’ve even left it ...

• at work for a week or two and used it on my lunch breaks since I get an hour for lunch.

It was an easy way to get a half an hour of exercise in. There’s adjustable tension for the rubber tubing so that you can raise or lower the impact of your upper body exercise.

There’s the black tubing for regular resistence, or the red tubing for a little extra oomph, and then you can even use both if you really want a good workout. I’ll admit, I haven’t been able to use both for very long, because it really is a good workout.

The only problem I found with the unit is that

it can slide around on the floor, especially if you’re using it on a carpeted area. Sometimes, I just want to work my legs, and that’s when it’s more likely to slide.

If I’m using the rubber tubing to tone my arms, then I’m counterbalancing the weight I’m putting on the rubber petals with my legs, and it doesn’t slide as much. But, aside from that, it’s been a great product, and after a half an hour, I really feel the difference.

But, unlike going for a high impact walk, I can sit an enjoy a television show while I’m working out, and that half an hour goes by in no time at all. Very easy to use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426051109700931/k2311a0526/5.26.10