Boil Ease Maximum Strength Pain Relieving Ointment  » Health  »
  • I hate to even relive this embarassing problem, but I suppose it's a necessary evil
  • About two years ago, I started to notice what I thought was a pimple forming on the underside of my arm
  • That's when I found Boil Ease Maximum Strength Pain Relieving Ointment
  • Hopefully I'll never have need of this product again, and haven't had any recurrance in the last two years, and I've since had to toss this product because it passed its expiration date, but at least now I know exactly what to use if something like that occurs again

• by Anasuya

I hate to even relive this embarassing problem, but I suppose it’s a necessary evil. About two years ago, I started to notice what I thought was a pimple forming on the underside of my arm. After another two days, it was getting larger, about the size of a dime, and it was incredibly red and painful.

I didn’t really know what it was at the time, because it just didn’t seem to be typical of a pimple or blemish along those lines and that’s when I started to suspect it was a boil. I’d never had one a day in my life, but a friend of mine had had problems with them before and kind of confirmed my suspicion.

She said boils can form anywhere where a lot of sweat might

be present, and so I was truly beginning to suspect that a boils is what it was. It was obviously full of puss, and increasingly painful and I was worried about popping it or having it burst on its own without having something to put on it that’s specific to the treatment of boils.

That’s when I found Boil Ease Maximum Strength Pain Relieving Ointment. It has 20% benzocaine in it which is a topical pain relieving ingredient, and is supposed to be fast pain relief.

I thought the most promising part about it’s claims was that you only needed to apply it twice daily, so I was hoping the pain relief would last that long. And, surprisingly, it almost did.

I put the cream on, and it didn’t seem to hurt ...

• that bad at all unless I put direct pressure on it, and that relief lasted a good six hours, which was longer than I was expecting. Within the day, it looked about half the size that it was when I started using this product (and at that point, it was about the size of a nickle), and within two days or so, the boil was beginning to drain on its own.

It was gross and it certainly didn’t smell for good, but at least I knew it was healing, and I just kept applying the ointment. Within about four days, the boil was almost gone entirely, and within a week, I hardly knew it had been there to begin with.

Hopefully I’ll never have need of this product again, and haven’t had

any recurrance in the last two years, and I’ve since had to toss this product because it passed its expiration date, but at least now I know exactly what to use if something like that occurs again. I recommended it to my friend too, the one who got boils on a regular basis (much to her dismay), and she reported similar results as mine.

Before she was waiting two weeks or more for these things to go away on their own and still experiencing pain in the meantime, but with this product, hers went away just as quickly as mine did. Very nice product, even if it was a bit more expensive that I was originally willing to pay, at about $10 for a tiny 1 ounce tube.

But it works, and that’s all I care about.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426051109690931/k2311a0526/5.26.10