Walgreens Aloe Vera Cooling Continuous Spray,With Menthol  » Health  »
  • And, because I had such a good experience with the other Walgreens after soon cooling spray, I definitely wanted to have something similar on hand for the campout we had planned last weekend
  • I can live without aloe vera gel, as I don't think it works as well as some other ingredients I've found, but I have to say that the menthol was surprisingly cooling
  • I thought the menthol might even burn a bit, because I associated it with those pain relieving hot and cold creams I've used many times over in the last year
  • I don't think I'd have been able to enjoy the rest of my weekend out in the sun if it hadn't been for this product

• by Anasuya

I had tried another Walgreens after sun soother a while back, and was really pleased with the over all result and effectiveness of the product, and when I went back to purchase it again, I couldn’t find it. I remembered it had a green bottle, but all I could find was the Walgreens Aloe Vera Cooling Continuous Spray, with Menthol, and which had a blue bottle, but the words “continuous spray” really had me thinking it was the same thing. However, the previous product I had tried and loved didn’t have menthol in it, so I was eager to see how that would effect the overall impression I had of this product.

I burn very easily, and can literally stand in the sun

for five to ten minutes and end up at home and in pain because I’m burned all over my head and neck and arms. Those are always the parts I neglect, or just assume I wont get burned because I wont be out in the sun that often.

And, because I had such a good experience with the other Walgreens after soon cooling spray, I definitely wanted to have something similar on hand for the campout we had planned last weekend. We normally have something going on almost every weekend of the summer, so I can expect a lot of time outdoors and, almost always, a lot of burns.

Lucky for me, I had this spray with me. I managed to get a ...

• burn the very first day even though I lathered down with sunblock.

I went swimming, the sunblock came off, and I didn’t think to reapply until it was too late and the sun had already had its way with me. The great thing about this continuous spray is that you can turn the bottle upside down or sideways and it’s not going to stop spraying, so it’s an easy-to-apply product.

I don’t need my husband to rub a gross lotion on my back, which he appreciates, and I don’t feel totally helpless by not being able to do it myself. You don’t need to rub it in, either.

You just spray it on and let it sit. I can live without aloe vera

gel, as I don’t think it works as well as some other ingredients I’ve found, but I have to say that the menthol was surprisingly cooling.

I thought the menthol might even burn a bit, because I associated it with those pain relieving hot and cold creams I’ve used many times over in the last year. But it truly was a cooling spray and I felt immediate relief.

My skin felt moisturized, but not wet or greasy at any time, and the relief lasted a good couple hours before I felt the need to apply again. I don’t think I’d have been able to enjoy the rest of my weekend out in the sun if it hadn’t been for this product.

Another winner for Walgreens.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426051109650931/k2311a0526/5.26.10