Curad Ouchless Sterile Non-Stick Pads,XL 8 x 3 in  » Health  »
  • I bought the Curad Ouchless Sterile Non-Stick Pads,XL 8 x 3 inch, because it promised to be sterile and ouchless
  • I think where the problem lied was that it wasn't as absorbant as I thought, and some of the discharge from the wound had gathered and gathered over the cut, because we had to do some seriously painful cleaning after we managed to get the pad unstuck from his stitches
  • Needless to say, I still have this box of sterile pads in my linen closet never to be used again, most likely, because I know it'll be a painful process when we do

• by Anasuya

I’ll just start off by saying, don’t believe it! Now, I normally don’t jump right in to say something negative, but I can’t help it in this instance. My son had injured his ankle a few years ago. He was walking on the frozen creek by our house and his foot went through the ice, he tripped, and the jagged ice ripped into his ankle, slicing it all the way to the bone.

He came home, carried on the back of a very nice friend of his, with his foot bleeding profusely all over his sock and shoe and pants. I rushed him to the hospital to get two dozen stitches, and was told he may have to deal

with physical therapy down the line, so it was important to really watch how the cut healed.

We were supposed to clean it thoroughly on a daily basis, for two weeks, wrapping it in a bandage to protect it. I went through more bandages, of all varieties, in those two weeks (and then later when it got infected despite all our work), then I care to remember.

I bought the Curad Ouchless Sterile Non-Stick Pads,XL 8 x 3 inch, because it promised to be sterile and ouchless. As a mother, I certainly had no intention of putting my child through any more discomfort since the only pain reliever, at his age, that he had to rely on was motrin ...

• products.

Curad has usually been a hit or miss bandage for us, but it was the perfect size to cover that awkward area around a pre-pubescent’s boney little ankle, and went far enough over the wound that I could tape it down without actually taping anywhere near the wound itself (thus causing further pain). The first day we used this pad, it seemed great because it was a really absorbant pad, and the medical tape held it in place very well.

But the next day, when we had to remove it, we had another story all together. It seemed like the wound, which was perpetually oozing while it healed, had somehow managed to stick this non-stick and ouchless pad

directly to the cut.

It was catching on the stitches and my poor child was wincing with every gentle tug I put him through to get this pad off. I think where the problem lied was that it wasn’t as absorbant as I thought, and some of the discharge from the wound had gathered and gathered over the cut, because we had to do some seriously painful cleaning after we managed to get the pad unstuck from his stitches.

Needless to say, I still have this box of sterile pads in my linen closet never to be used again, most likely, because I know it’ll be a painful process when we do. Not a good investment at all, if you ask me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426051109560931/k2311a0526/5.26.10