Red Wine Plus resveratrol supplement  » Health  »
  • I had no idea what resveratrol was until I bought this product
  • I'm not much for fresh fruits and vegetables, mostly because veggies are rather bland and I hate spending time cutting up the melons that I prefer to eat over the-easy-to-take-with-you apples and oranges
  • That's when I found the Red Wine Plus resveratrol supplement, and started doing my research
  • I thought it was a good supplement and did what it claimed to do, at least for me, but I have to say I didn't, ultimately, FEEL any different

• by Anasuya

I’ll be honest… I had no idea what resveratrol was until I bought this product. But the bottle claimed all sorts of results, including a healthy cardiovascular system, immune system, capillary strength and lowered cholesterol levels. I had previously had a visit with my doctor concerning allergies, and some of the tests they had done showed I was borderline with my cholesterol levels and, though not at any dangerous levels, I still prefered for it to be lower, and was willing to do what I needed to do to make it happen.

I’m not much for fresh fruits and vegetables, mostly because veggies are rather bland and I hate spending time cutting up the

melons that I prefer to eat over the-easy-to-take-with-you apples and oranges. What does it boil down to? Laziness.

Pure and simple. So, I have to admit that I was looking for the lazy-persons alternative to healthy living.

That’s when I found the Red Wine Plus resveratrol supplement, and started doing my research.

Apparently, resveratrol is a vitamin/mineral found in the skin of dark grapes and, invariably, found in red wine, though at far less beneficial levels because most of the nutrients are sucked out of wine during the wine-making process.

There IS something to be said for the old addage “a glass of wine a day will keep the doctor away”, because it really ...

• did seem, via my research, to be a healthy addition to your life, and great for the heart, though there’s never really been any truly concrete evidence to support this. I was still a believer though.

And yes, I took the Red Wine Plus supplements for over three weeks and my cholesterol levels dropped to well below the dangerous mark, by the time (a month later) I’d made my way back to my doctor for another check-up. I really wasn’t expecting the dramatic results I received, considering I didn’t change too much else in my life at the time, other than taking these supplements and drinking lots of water, which is pretty typical for

me anyway.

I thought it was a good supplement and did what it claimed to do, at least for me, but I have to say I didn’t, ultimately, FEEL any different. Perhaps that’s why they call cholesterol a silent killer, because you don’t feel unhealthy in that way until its too late.

Luckily, thanks to these supplements, I didn’t have to worry about it. I stopped taking it once I got my cholesterol levels back down, and have been to the doctor another few times since then, and my levels have stayed safely tucked into the “good” zone ever since then.

Good product, though a bit pricey. Maybe it would be cheaper to just drink the wine!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426051109530931/k2311a0526/5.26.10