Walgreens Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages,Assorted Sizes Knuckle/Fingertip
  • I love that it had assorted sizes specifically for knuckles and fingertips because, at work, those are always the two places I'm likely to injure myself the most
  • I ended up actually cutting it off with scissors, but you wont hear me complain, because at least I know those bandaids will stay in place no matter what I put them through
  • And since I use my hands on a continous basis, it's definitely important that they stay in place
  • Sometimes, tried and true is by far the best method

• by Anasuya

This Walgreens assortment of fabric bandages is probably one of my favorite kinds of bandaids to use. I, of course, truly appreciate how far first aid has come and all the liquid bandages and sprays and super duper thick rubbery bandaids but, in the end, I’m still pretty old school in my personal preferences, and fabric bandages have always been my favorite.

I recently busted up three of my knuckles at work when I was opening our weekly shipment and scrapped my hand along the contents in the box which included heavy boxes of shoe care items and individually packaged jewelry that they must have thought needed super hard plastic wrapping.

I was bleeding

pretty good from two knuckles and the third was scrapped and actually hurt worse than the other two.

Of course, I tried to use the bandages they had at work, which were the cheapest plastic kind you can find that never stick to the skin, and certainly don’t fit well over a knuckle, but I finally fed up after the seventh bandage and took a break to go to the pharmacy next door.

That’s when I got the Walgreens Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages,Assorted Sizes Knuckle/Fingertip.

I love that it had assorted sizes specifically for knuckles and fingertips because, at work, those are always the two places I’m likely to injure myself the most.

The ...

• adhesive is really nice, and I never found it curling up at the corners or coming off.

In fact, it was actually quite difficult to get it off when I needed to get it off, and that’s even after getting it wet a couple times.

I ended up actually cutting it off with scissors, but you wont hear me complain, because at least I know those bandaids will stay in place no matter what I put them through.

And since I use my hands on a continous basis, it’s definitely important that they stay in place.

And because the fabric is so stretchy, I’ve been able to use the knuckle ones on my feet,

around and in between toes, and over the knee and around the ankle (yes, I’m accident prone), and they fit well and stay perfectly no matter where I’ve put them.

It’s only $3 and there’s about 20 bandages, so you’re definitely getting your money’s worth, and the padded center absorbs really well, and you don’t find yourself leaking blood anywhere, and you don’t have to change a bandage after a couple hours because its absorbancy is all used up.

This is one of my favorite bandages for several reasons, and I doubt I’ll be this won over by any new invention first aid companies can put out.

Sometimes, tried and true is by far the best method.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426051109390931/k2311a0526/5.26.10