Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I really love this Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder by Smashbox
  • For one, the brush isn't all that great and it's rough on my skin, way more rougher than any of my brushes, even though ones that come with drugstore brands so I had to use one of my own brushes, which wasn't a problem for me but if you don't have any other brushes to use then that may be a problem for you
  • The second thing that I don't like about this is the price of it, I didn't pay for it, my mom bought it for herself but she bought the wrong shade and so she gave it to me and it matched perfectly for my skin tone, but I would never pay $60 for this for myself
  • I know that I could find something way cheaper than this the works just the way this one does and probably one that even comes with a better quality brush
  • Normally Smashbox's cosmetics come with great quality brushes most of the time, or at least good quality ones but I was really disappointed with this

• by JCandyce

I really love this Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder by Smashbox. My mineral powder foundation gives me great coverage and lasts for a very long time and most of the time it’s great at keeping my combination and oily skin matte and under control, but some days especially in the summer and it’s extremely hot outside and I’ve been out for awhile, my skin tends to still get oily, but using this on top of my mineral powder foundation, it helps keep the oil under control and it doesn’t cause itself, my mineral powder foundation, my blush or bronzer, to get oily or greasy or feel heavy on my skin.

My face still feels natural when I’m wearing this.

My face didn’t get as oily as it normally does, but it didn’t

really make it last that long because it started to feel dry and my skin started to feel tight too so it only made my mineral powder foundation last just a little bit longer than normal but not much longer.

What I really like about this is the compact that it comes in, It’s a little compact like a regular pressed powder and there’s a click button that you press that lets out a little powder at a time.

Not once had I had any problems with this causing a mess in my purse if the top comes loose, because it has an extra cover where it doesn’t leak through.

I do have a few problems with this though.

For one, the brush isn’t all that great and it’s rough on ...

• my skin, way more rougher than any of my brushes, even though ones that come with drugstore brands so I had to use one of my own brushes, which wasn’t a problem for me but if you don’t have any other brushes to use then that may be a problem for you.

The second thing that I don’t like about this is the price of it, I didn’t pay for it, my mom bought it for herself but she bought the wrong shade and so she gave it to me and it matched perfectly for my skin tone, but I would never pay $60 for this for myself.

That’s way too much for a powder, especially when the brush is such poor quality but even if the brush was great quality

it still wouldn’t be worth the $60 price tag.

I know that I could find something way cheaper than this the works just the way this one does and probably one that even comes with a better quality brush.

Normally Smashbox’s cosmetics come with great quality brushes most of the time, or at least good quality ones but I was really disappointed with this.

I wont be buying this again.

If you could afford it, then it’s a great powder but I would suggest even if you can afford it that you find something else because of the brush, you should be able to get something better for what you pay for this, or at least shop around on Ebay and Amazon first, see if maybe you can find it cheaper somewhere else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126051109300931/k2311a0526/5.26.10