Sun Maid Mediterranean Apricots  » Food  »
  • I have noticed however that the taste and freshness of the apricot bites do seem to vary from time to time
  • Most of the time though, I don't have this problem, but it can be a hassle because I have to run back to the store

• by CirclingCanvas

These apricot bites are really tasty to have either as a snack in say the afternoon or as a way to add some sweet and tangy taste to a salad. They are indeed both sweet and tangy, a scrumptious combination that offers a richness that can never be ignored or missed when I’m eating them. When something tastes good like these apricot bites, it’s easy to reach for a healthier alternative to fattening snacks like potato chips or candy. While the apricot bites obviously aren’t

as fresh as the apricots sold in the produce section at the supermarket, they’re still juicy enough and stay fresh thanks to the can being resealable.

I have noticed however that the taste and freshness of the apricot bites do seem to vary from time to time. On a couple of occasions, I’ve purchased a can, and the apricots weren’t so rich in flavor or seemed as juicy, and they also had spots on them. On both occasions, I returned the cans and I was ...

• able to exchange them and I’d end up with a tastier, fresher can of apricots. It seems that the expiration dates on the cans mean little because I’ve gotten cans that weren’t anywhere near their expiration date and yet still contained apricots that didn’t look or taste so good. Most of the time though, I don’t have this problem, but it can be a hassle because I have to run back to the store. Now I just check the contents of the can after paying
        but before I leave the store. This saves gas and time.

I’m still real happy with these apricots though. For around three dollars for fifteen ounce can, I get apricots that are generally real rich with flavor and pretty juicy and plump, too! They’re healthy, and make a great snack or addition to salads. It’s easy to give this product a “9″ for being a good value and flavorful. The bad batches from time to time prevent me from awarding these canned apricots a “10″ though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2726051109140831/k2311a0526/5.26.10