CyberDefender Registry Cleaner  » Software  »
2.0
  • The download was free, but I was pretty sure that in the end there would be a cost involved
  • I must admit, it’s a Sony VAIO notebook computer, which I bought in 2005, but it’s the only one I got
  • I have to agree, upgrading the memory of a computer these days can be truly pricey, easily within the Canadian $200 range and up
  • So I thought my hunch was right, the registry was the main culprit
  • So I have to say there is definitely a flaw with the marketing plan of the CyberDefender

• by RichieMogwai

I downloaded this program on the Internet on May 25, 2010. The download was free, but I was pretty sure that in the end there would be a cost involved. I was right.

The reason why I just had to try this downloadable software was that my laptop has been slowing down considerably. I must admit, it’s a Sony VAIO notebook computer, which I bought in 2005, but it’s the only one I got. That is, unless you considered my old iMac a worthy back up computer which it is not.

When the ad came out on TV that I could

bring my computer up to speed through software, not hardware, I was all ears. Hence, I wasted no time and getting the software setup. I have to agree, upgrading the memory of a computer these days can be truly pricey, easily within the Canadian $200 range and up.

The other downside is I have to forego using my computer for several days while some techie from Future Shop or Best Buy tinkered with my machine’s memory. I couldn’t be without a computer for even a day!

No doubt, CyberDefender Registry Cleaner downloads like a charm. It is also very easy to install. It quickly found more than a thousand registry and other errors, which the software claimed, was slowing down my computer.

So I thought my hunch was right, the registry was the main culprit. I know from my MSN techie days that the registry played a huge role in getting a computer to get its act together, let alone manage all the programs so that they utilize memory in an efficient manner.

But you know what, once the CyberDefender program was fine and dandy in my computer, no sooner did it prompt me to have all the errors found corrected by paying for ...

• CyberDefender Registry Cleaner
      a subscription to the tune of US $40.

I didn’t like that part. I thought at least, this program would have a trial version, but that didn’t come with the box, so-to-speak. Besides, I have to-date cancelled all my credit cards, so there was no way I could purchase any software online.

Hence, the program currently sits in waiting on my desktop, hoping for some magical reason that I would think of paying the subscription fee. Well no way, Jose!

At my earliest convenience, I will definitely remove this program. Next, I will look for a free registry cleaner

out there on the Web. I am confident that I can get one for free. So I have to say there is definitely a flaw with the marketing plan of the CyberDefender. The maker of this software should know better than to charge right away for the product when it has not even given the consumer like me the chance to even try out the product if it works.

How it looks to me is that the software manufacturer wants to make the big bucks without considering whether it does the job or not of putting a computer back to its original speed, software-wise.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3026051108700831/k2311a0526/5.26.10