Clinique 3 Step System  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I decided that I would try this 3 step system after I ad seen an ad for it in a magazine that I was reading
  • I used it for about 3 nights and that's when I noticed I got a few breakouts but I didn't breakout anymore then usual
  • Overall I don't think this is worth what it cost, you could get something better for what you pay for this, I wouldn't recommend it

• by JCandyce

After I had tried Pro Activ and getting less then great results I switched to Murad and also got less than great results from them as well, I also tried many acne products all on the way that also gave me less than great results. I decided that I would try this 3 step system after I ad seen an ad for it in a magazine that I was reading.

While I was out shopping I visited a Clinique counter and the woman that worked there said that it worked great (of course she would say that, even if it didn’t) but she also said that for about 2 weeks after I start using this that this would cause me to break out a lot and

that was its way of cleaning out my skin and that after about 2 weeks I will stop breaking out and my breakouts would start to clear.

She also said that I should use a regular cleanser just to make sure that when I do use step 1 the cleanser, that all my makeup would be off so that the step 1 cleanser didn’t have to work so hard on my skin and that it could really clean my skin.

The fact that she said that this would make me break out for about 2 weeks almost made me decided not to buy it but I decided that I would give it a chance and I hoped that it wouldn’t be so bad and that the ...

• breakouts would go away easily.

I started using it that night, I did like the woman suggested and I washed my face with a regular cleanser first to get off all my makeup and my makeup remover to get off all my eye makeup, especially my water proof eyeliner and water proof mascara.

Once my face was clean I washed it again with the step one cleanser, when I was done my face felt really clean but it was tight, not a feeling that I liked.

I then moved on to the clarifying lotion, which I applied with a cotton ball all over my face.

When it was completely dry, my skin felt even more tight.

I then applied step 3 which was the lotion, it

went on easily and made all the tightness from step 2 and step 3 disappear.

I used it for about 3 nights and that’s when I noticed I got a few breakouts but I didn’t breakout anymore then usual.

I used it for about 2 months and haven’t really seen that much of an improvement in my skin, I also didn’t see my skin get any worse especially in the first couple of weeks so at least my skin didn’t get worse.

So I’ve stopped using this.

Thankfully I didn’t breakout as much as that woman at the clinique counter said that I probably would of.

Overall I don’t think this is worth what it cost, you could get something better for what you pay for this, I wouldn’t recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126051108580731/k2311a0526/5.26.10