TV Show : ICarly  » TV  »
  • I enjoy watching ICarly and think its by far one of the most innovative and creative shows on television
  • It's funny, overall wholesome and I think overall Carly is a character every girl can relate to

• by AmethystTears

Since having my girls my life has been fulfilling and wonderful. But I would be lying if I said I didn’t get tired of endless reruns of the most popular shows on channels like Disney and Nickelodeon. I have seen so many episodes of shows like The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Hannah Montana, H2O and Tru Jackson VP that soon I will be able to spout dialogue. Yet, I have a lot of patience because it wasn’t so long ago (well….maybe it was) that my mom was having to watch my girlish obsessions. I guess this is all just karma for making my mom watch Saved By The Bell, endless screenings of License To Drive and New Kids

On the Block videos all day.

Yet, there is one exception to the barrage of TV shows that populate these channels. ICarly rises above the competition and has far more appeal to parents than most would like to admit. Humor that actually inspires laughs and characters that are completely likable (or hilariously unlikable). I enjoy watching ICarly and think its by far one of the most innovative and creative shows on television. Coming in second is Wizards of Waverly Place.

ICarly is the only show I’ve found myself continuing to watch even when my daughter isn’t in the room. The goofy situations Carly, Sam and Freddie get themself into are often truly funny. All the wacky characters from Gibby, to Lupert with ...

• the big hairy mole to Freddie’s overbearing mother all just add to the fun. The characters are ones that I don’t get tired of seeing and even get mildly interested when a special episode is coming on such as when Carly goes to Japan, gets in a fight with a famous boxer or has her first kiss with Freddy. While I wouldn’t cancel any plans to follow this show, I find it to be a pleasant cut above all the other shows for kids on TV.

I feel like Miranda Cosgrove is more talented than some of the other leading girls on these shows as well. If you are familiar with the other Nickelodeon show Drake and Josh, you will see her

role as Carly is completely different. She has a lot of range. Jeannette McCurdy as Sam is fantastic. She manages to be completely obnoxious yet totally adorable all in one episode. Nathan Kress also is a young actor to appreciate as the grounded, sensitive Freddie. I also think Jerry Trainor is wonderfully wacky as her eccentric older brother and caregiver.

While we all dread when our kids get hooked on the newest sensation, ICarly has some substance. It’s funny, overall wholesome and I think overall Carly is a character every girl can relate to. I think it’s a great show and in all honesty probably one of the best kids shows I’ve seen for both my generation and hers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1025051108481231/k2311a0525/5.25.10