Siamese Cats
  • I love my Siamese like he was my child and I am not ashamed to say so
  • I recommend the Siamese to anyone who can commit the time and attention to care for their emotional as well as physical needs, and doesn't mind a bit of talkativeness or being followed around

• by reviewabit

I’ve been a lover of Siamese cats since I was five or six years old and one was given to me as a gift. I have been an owner of mixed Siamese for years, and in 2002, became the proud owner of a pedigreed seal point Siamese male. Siamese are not for everyone.

They are loud, talkative,demanding, are into everything and can be slightly neurotic. But… they are also loving, devoted, very loyal, charming, funny, entertaining, playful, interactive, trainable, intelligent, easy to get along with, easy to care for, exquisitely beautiful, and live long lives.

I love my Siamese like he was my child and I am not ashamed

to say so! He knows when I am ill or sad, and stays by my side lovingly. He can open doors.

He refuses to be fooled by a laser pen but goes ballistic for a piece of dental floss. (which I must hide from him so he won’t eat!) He is super social, and graces the laps of all our guests.

If my cat won’t get into someone’s lap, I become very suspicious that there is something not right with them! He does not like to be alone, and cries incessantly if you close him into a room. He gets along great with other cats and ...

• even dogs, and I have even seen him woo another cat who refused to have anything to do with him at first.

He simply would not give up until she loved him. He succeeded.

Siamese are a little expensive if you want a pedigreed pet or show quality cat. In my opinion they are well worth it.

The personality of the Siamese tends to be very static in good breeding lines, so find a good reputable breeder and be sure to get a health guarantee. And although I do not think ANY cat should EVER be declawed, you especially do not want to declaw a Siamese, because they have an

anatomical feature unique to the breed.

Siamese (and orientals, their cousins) are the only cats who cannot fully retract their claws. So for as long as declawing is still legal here in the US, the Siamese who is declawed will have an even higher level of long-term complications and pain.

I recommend the Siamese to anyone who can commit the time and attention to care for their emotional as well as physical needs, and doesn’t mind a bit of talkativeness or being followed around. If you are a dog lover, you might find that the Siamese personality is more “doglike” than most breeds of cat.

They will love you, adore you, and need you.

Siamese Cats

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2925051108451231/k2311a0525/5.25.10