Whiteout Film (2009)  » Movies  »
  • I checked this one out because I like Kate Beckinsale who is the lead in it
  • I had no clue about the plot but I am glad I found and watched this movie

• by mamajess

I have a netflix subscription but I no longer see many movies in the theater so often I check out a movie 6 months after it came out through netflix but I have no idea about the movie and don’t remember any of the press for it so it works out well since I don’t have any expectations when I sit down to watch the movie. I checked this one out because I like Kate Beckinsale who is the lead

in it.

I had no clue about the plot but I am glad I found and watched this movie.

This movie came out in 2009 and was directed by Dominic Sena and stars Kate Beckinsale, Tom Skerrit and a bunch of other actors I am not familiar with.

The movie starts out with a Russian plane full of men and an assassination gone wrong that ends in everyone in the plane dying and crashing in antarctica.

...

• It then flashes forward to Kate in modern time who is on a science base working as a US Marshal.

Pretty soon on in this movie a dead body is found and the intrigue begins.

A killer is on the loose killing people who worked on a particular location and Kate has to find out who before winter sets in and the sun goes down for six months.

Kate’s character has flash backs about a trauma from

when she was a Marshall in the US and is struggling with her job.

I liked this movie quite a bit.

I did not figure out who the killer was too early or what was in the plane until just before the movie told us.

I liked all the actors, the movie was fast paced, the action and dialog were believable.

My only complaint about the movie is that the dvd did not offer any special features or commentary.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1125051108281231/k2311a0525/5.25.10