Rimmel Lasing Finish lipstick in ‘Kiss’  » Cosmetics  »
  • The price is around $5, which was about how much I paid for it at ULTA
  • I found that it didn’t bleed or slide around on my lips either, which are both great traits to have in a lipstick, in fact I would say it’s one of the top important things to look for
  • The other thing is that I was very disappointed with the staying power, it wasn’t very good
  • I love it and would recommend it for every day wear, but don’t expect much else from it
  • The quality isn’t great so unless you want to reapply several times a day, I wouldn’t recommend it for long events out

• by Liberty

On my search for a truly red lipstick that is both deep red and still vibrant, I came across many shades of red, and have tried several brands. One of the lipsticks that I tried was Rimmel’s Lasting Finish in ‘Kiss.’ It wasn’t exactly red, and no where near the shade of red I was looking for but I tried it out anyway because it looked like a nice every day color to have around. The following are my pros and cons to this Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick.

I’ll start with the pros to this Rimmel lipstick first. What I liked

about this Rimmel lipstick color is that it’s affordable and easy to find. Rimmel products are sold anywhere that sells affordable makeup, ie not at Sephora. The price is around $5, which was about how much I paid for it at ULTA. I really liked the color as well, and it’s very true to color. It went on my lips the same shade that it looks on the tube, which isn’t always true with all lipsticks. I thought it had good pigmentation. I also liked that it didn’t have any strange smell or taste to it. I found that it ...

• didn’t bleed or slide around on my lips either, which are both great traits to have in a lipstick, in fact I would say it’s one of the top important things to look for. I liked that it didn’t dry out my lips, nor did it accentuate the lines. I hate lipsticks that bring out the lines on my lips because it over emphasis it and makes it look really dry and cracked.

There were only a few things that I could find negative about Rimmel’s Lasting Finish lipstick in ‘Kiss’. One of the things I didn’t like about this

product and Rimmel products in general is that they test on animals. The other thing is that I was very disappointed with the staying power, it wasn’t very good. It didn’t last for very long and I’ve tried quite a few brands in my life. Considering the name of the lipstick I was expecting much better.

Overall, the color is great. I love it and would recommend it for every day wear, but don’t expect much else from it. The quality isn’t great so unless you want to reapply several times a day, I wouldn’t recommend it for long events out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125051107941131/k2311a0525/5.25.10