Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in ‘Amethyst Shimmer’  » Cosmetics  »
  • I don’t generally buy Rimmel products but I had been hearing so much raving and reviews on their products, namely their Lasting Finish lipsticks that I decided to put my ethic views aside and try some of their colors
  • I found ‘Amethyst Shimmer’ to be true to color
  • I loved the color, I think it’s a great shade for people like me who natural has a tint to their lips
  • I didn’t notice any strange smell or taste to it, and I love the fact that it didn’t dry out my lips, nor did it accentuate the lines
  • I would use it for every day wear and recommend it to be use that way, but because of the quality and staying power I wouldn’t recommend wearing this for a date or evening out because you’ll have to reapply frequently

• by Liberty

I don’t generally buy Rimmel products but I had been hearing so much raving and reviews on their products, namely their Lasting Finish lipsticks that I decided to put my ethic views aside and try some of their colors. I was in need of some new lipsticks anyway, so I picked out several shades one of which was ‘Amethyst Shimmer.’ The following are my pros and cons for this particular lipstick.

I’ll start off with the pros to Rimmel’s Lasting Finish lipstick in ‘Amethyst Shimmer’ first. What I liked about this Rimmel

lipstick in this color is that it’s affordable. I got mine at Target for about $4. It’s an easy product to find because it’s sold anywhere that sells Rimmel product, and it’s one of their lines that is pretty popular. I found ‘Amethyst Shimmer’ to be true to color. It went on my lips the same shade as it looked on the tube, not lighter or darker. I loved the color, I think it’s a great shade for people like me who natural has a tint to their lips. My lips ...

• are naturally a reddish color and this Rimmel lipstick works with it, as well as my complexion. I liked that it didn’t bleed or slide, and offered good coverage. I didn’t notice any strange smell or taste to it, and I love the fact that it didn’t dry out my lips, nor did it accentuate the lines.

My biggest issue with this lipstick as well as with all of Rimmel’s products is the fact that they test on animals. And for a lipstick that’s called Lasting Finish, it really doesn’t last

very long. It as one of the worst staying power I’ve ever come across for a drug store brand. That was something I was very surprised about because Rimmel has other lipstick lines that offer better staying power.

Overall, I wasn’t impress with the quality but I liked the color. I would use it for every day wear and recommend it to be use that way, but because of the quality and staying power I wouldn’t recommend wearing this for a date or evening out because you’ll have to reapply frequently.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125051107921131/k2311a0525/5.25.10