Zicam Seasonal Allergy Relief Nasal Gel  » Medicine  »
  • I think I'm finally coming to the end of my reviews about all the allergy medicines I've used over the last eight years
  • It's been an astronomical amount, sadly, but unfortunately it's been a necessary journey for me
  • One type of product I prefer over others are nasal sprays and gels and washes, because these seem to provide more immediate relief
  • It doesn't go any further than any other bottle of nasal spray or wash, so I was hoping it would certainly work better than those that I paid half the cost for
  • I used it for about two weeks before I truly noticed more differences in its effectiveness, as it's one of those kinds of medications that you have to take for a while before it kicks in completely and begins to act as a total preventative measure and not just treating the symptoms you're currently experiencing

• by Anasuya

I think I’m finally coming to the end of my reviews about all the allergy medicines I’ve used over the last eight years. It’s been an astronomical amount, sadly, but unfortunately it’s been a necessary journey for me. I have intense allergy symptoms that range from congestion to headaches to water eyes and itchy mouth and throat, and I’ve tried prescription medications to help alleviate these symptoms with little benefits as a result.

I’ve spent more money than I care to count over the last eight years trying to find some consistent relief from my allergies and to help my children and husband find relief as well, so it’s no wonder I can easily make a list of a hundred products that we’ve tried. One type of product I prefer over others are nasal

sprays and gels and washes, because these seem to provide more immediate relief.

I can take tablets, but they tend to take an hour or more to affect me enough to notice, and when you have itchy nose and eyes and throat like mine, the last thing you want to do is suffer through an hour unncessarily. The great thing about the sprays and washes is that I don’t have to.

I tried the Zicam Seasonal Allergy Relief Nasal Gel and it’s one of the more expensive that I’ve tried at about $13 for the bottle. It doesn’t go any further than any other bottle of nasal spray or wash, so I was hoping it would certainly work better than those that I paid half the cost for.

I took this and didn’t experience ...

• any side-effects the entire time. One staple of a nasal spray is usually the bad taste it leaves down the throat, but there was no taste at all with this.

I might as well have been spraying straight saline. There was no odor, and I never experienced nosebleeds after prolonged use, nor did it make me drowsy or queasy or sleepy.

It’s a non habit forming formula too, which is important to me, especially if my teenage sons would be using it for their allergies as well. It’s a little more complicated to use than other sprays, but I didn’t mind it if it would work.

You pump once into each nostril, then very lightly press the nostril closed for about thirty seconds. You need to wait a few minutes and then blow your

nose.

As soon as I did all that, I felt immensely better. I could breathe adequately (though I wouldn’t say entirely) through my nose, and the sinus pressure felt reduced dramatically within twenty minutes.

I never experienced my usual sinus headaches while using Zicam Seasonal Allergy Relief Nasal Gel, and the relief seemed to last me about three or four hours, and you could take it every four hours, so it was perfect timing. I used it for about two weeks before I truly noticed more differences in its effectiveness, as it’s one of those kinds of medications that you have to take for a while before it kicks in completely and begins to act as a total preventative measure and not just treating the symptoms you’re currently experiencing.

It’s expensive, yes, but SO worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2625051107741131/k2311a0525/5.25.10