Walgreens Wal-Dryl Dye-Free Allergy Clear Liquid Gels
  • Walgreens brand medicine has been some of the best medicine I've ever invested in, and has worked better than even some (or maybe even most) prescription medications me or my husband or kids have been given over the years
  • I have taken Wal-Zyr for my allergies in the past and really liked it, though it didn't last the full 24 hours, it was still an excellent medication to treat my symptoms, but we recently found out that my oldest son needs to use allergy medications, or medications in general, that avoid artificial dyes, some of which he's allergic too (go figure)

• by Anasuya

Walgreens brand medicine has been some of the best medicine I’ve ever invested in, and has worked better than even some (or maybe even most) prescription medications me or my husband or kids have been given over the years. I have taken Wal-Zyr for my allergies in the past and really liked it, though it didn’t last the full 24 hours, it was still an excellent medication to treat my symptoms, but we recently found out that my oldest son needs to use allergy medications, or medications in general, that avoid artificial dyes, some of

which he’s allergic too (go figure).

The prescription stuff the doctor wanted him to take was horrifically expensive with our insurance, and so I had a long discussion with the local pharmacist to try to find a nice over-the-counter variety, and he actually recommended the Walgreens Wal-Dryl Dye-Free Allergy Clear Liquid Gels.

The liquid gels are always nice because they dissolve faster and more directly than other tablets, but my son hates taking a liquid straight, so this was the next best thing.

He has severe allergies like I do, and his worst symptoms are

the congestion he experiences and the accompanying headaches.

Poor kid is sometimes in bed by 8pm at night (and he’s fifteen, mind you) with all the lights shut off because his headaches are bothering him.

And, as a mother, I’m willing to spend any kind of money and try as many products as possible to help alleviate those problems for him.

It’s safe for him to take every four hours which was something we always look for, because I’ve learned not to trust those 24 hour allergy medications, which have NEVER worked the whole 24 ...

• Walgreens Wal-Dryl Dye-Free Allergy Clear Liquid Gels
      hours.

I’d rather he have to take something every four hours and feel constant relief, than to only take one a day and spend half the day absolutely miserable.

He took it as directed and felt relief within the half an hour.

He said that his nose wasn’t itching and the sinus headache was completely gone within the first hour.

As long as he kept up with it during the day, he kept the headache at bay the whole time.

The only drawback to this medication is that it IS a drowsy formula but my

son, who is a genius in his own right, had a point when he said that he felt tired anyway always feeling miserable and with headaches, so he’d rather feel tired but feel otherwise good! It’s been an excellent allergy medication for him, despite the single side-effect he experienced, and he was just happy to find a little relief.

And, ultimately, that makes me incredibly happy as well.

It’s only $4 and lasts about a week, but I really wish these were available in larger amounts for a slight discount, because I’d probably buy them in bulk then.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2625051107721131/k2311a0525/5.25.10