Hibiclens Antiseptic/Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser  » Health  »
  • I like having different kinds of antispetics around the house
  • I found the Hibiclens Antiseptic/Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser for $10, which is expensive when you can get a bottle of rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide for pennies in comparison, BUT, I have to tell you that this is a fantastic product
  • I prefer to use a soft paper towel which I know is clean and can be tossed later and I don't have to wash it, because getting this stuff on clothes or towels can stain them depending on what you are washing those things with
  • Been using it for about a week as a facial cleanser (or rather, a wipe down after I cleanse), and I can definitely see a difference in the appearance of stress-related breakouts

• by Anasuya

I like having different kinds of antispetics around the house. I have two in the kitchen, three in the bathroom, and a variety of sprays and such that I keep either in my purse or in a slew of first aid kits we keep around the house for a variety of purposes. Needless to say, I’m usually pretty well prepared for most medical emergencies that can pop up, and I have everything I need within arms reach.

rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide for pennies in comparison, BUT, I have to tell you that this is a fantastic product. I managed to give myself a cut on my hand while washing dishes.

Broke a glass and reached into the water to get it and sliced my thumb wide open. I pulled out the Hibiclens, which is what I was originally keeping tucked away in the kitchen cabinets, and dabbed it over the cut with a cotton ball, and it didn’t sting at all! That was the first plus to me.

It’s been used pre and post surgically too, so I knew it was going to be an excellent product. Then you just dab the area dry with a clean cloth.

I prefer to use a soft paper towel which I know is clean and can be tossed later and I don’t have to wash it, because getting this stuff on clothes or towels can stain them depending on what you are washing those things with.

And not only did I get a lot of use for it with the cuts and scrapes we have going on in our household at ...

• Hibiclens Antiseptic/Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser
      any given time, but I’ve even been able to use it on bug bites.

It doesn’t necessarily alleviate itching very well, at least not immediately, but I’ve used it pretty effectively on bug bites as well as on itchy athletes foot, and it really DOES help. I wasn’t expecting that, but I was glad to find a product that was so multifunctional in the end.

It doesn’t smell very good, but I have a feeling that if they altered the chemical makeup to take out the nasty smell, it might not be nearly as effective as

it otherwise is. AND, I’ve just started using this to treat facial blemishes with great results so far.

Been using it for about a week as a facial cleanser (or rather, a wipe down after I cleanse), and I can definitely see a difference in the appearance of stress-related breakouts. AFter just a week, it’s almost like I hardly had a breakout at all.

Even my oldest son is starting to use it to treat his breakouts as well, and we love the feel of it on our skin, even if the smell is bad. Fantastic all-purpose product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3425051107591031/k2311a0525/5.25.10