Walgreens WAL-ITIN Indoor and Outdoor Allergy 24 Hour Relief
  • I started to experiment with over-the-counter cold and allergy medications to find the best relief possible and was amazed how many actually worked better (though sometimes cost more) than the prescription versions
  • I have tried a variety of the Walgreens brand allergy medications, mostly because I found it funny that they would change the names of name brand products adding wal in there somewhere
  • I'll be honest and tell you I was taking two tablets a day, right off the bat, because I know how hard it is for medication to be effective for me
  • My congestion was still present, but it was definitely cut in half, at least, and I could breathe through my nose sufficiently enough

• by Anasuya

I’m always hesitant to try 24 hour allergy medication, because they pretty much NEVER provide 24 hour relief, and that’s even including the prescription medications I’ve been given for my allergies. I was prescribed Allegra last year by my doctor, which is a one-a-day tablet, and six hours after taking it my symptoms were already starting to creep in. He uped the mg dosage, and even then, it was barely lasting half the day.

I started to experiment with over-the-counter cold and allergy medications to find the best relief possible and was amazed how many actually worked better (though sometimes cost more) than the prescription versions. I have tried a variety of the Walgreens brand allergy medications,

mostly because I found it funny that they would change the names of name brand products adding “wal” in there somewhere.

Based on the title of this review, you can tell it’s a walgreens version of claritin. I had tried one of their versions of claritin and it DID work better than the prescription of it or the name brand over-the-counter variety, but I still needed something a little more multi-functional and so wanted to try their indoor/outdoor variety when I came across it.

It’s more affordable, at $30, but that’s for 150 tablets! I couldn’t believe what a good deal that was. I was paying $15 a bottle for 100 tablets of the prescription stuff that ...

• wasn’t working.

So yes, it was slightly more expensive than a prescrption, but I don’t have good insurance now, and this is the best alternative for me. You take one tablet a day and it’s supposed to last all day.

I’ll be honest and tell you I was taking two tablets a day, right off the bat, because I know how hard it is for medication to be effective for me. The Wal-itin didn’t make me drowsy at all like the name brand claritin has in the past, and I experienced no other negative side-effects at all.

It took a while to start working, and I wish this indoor-outdoor version came in a ready-melt or dissolving tablet,

or even liquid gels, so that it would work faster, but after an hour or so, I was feeling a marked difference, especially in the itchiness I always get in my eyes, nose and throat. My congestion was still present, but it was definitely cut in half, at least, and I could breathe through my nose sufficiently enough.

Again, I didn’t expect it to last the whole 24 hours, and it didn’t, but it lasted about 14 or 15 hours, which is FAR better than anything else I’ve tried. Granted, I took two, instead of one, but I was still surprised.

Walgreens has superior medication for the best prices you’ll find and the Wal-itin is no exception to that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2625051107571031/k2311a0525/5.25.10