Poster World at Metropolis in Burnaby, Canada  » Business  »
4700-4800 Kingsway, Unit 1, Metropolis, Burnaby, British Columbia
  • My first visit to this shop wasn’t very pleasant, as I found a sales clerk who just didn’t pay attention and seemed pre-occupied with himself
  • They only cost me Canadian $22.29 but after they fit into the frames which I bought separately, these posters should be on the wall for a very long time
  • It was I think a picture of her dancing in the movie Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, her lips pouted so classically
  • And don’t forget, it was definitely door size or life size, and it now adorns my closet door, covering all the imperfections of the painted surface

• by RichieMogwai

I have been to Poster World several times, and have purchased three posters here so far. It is situated down the main floor of the flourishing Metrotown mall in the city of Burnaby. This mall is big as it is always filled with people. It is easily the second busiest mall in Metro Vancouver, next only to the Pacific Center Mall.

As you guessed it, Poster World specializes in posters of all shapes and sizes. My first visit to this shop wasn’t very pleasant, as I found a sales clerk who just didn’t pay attention and seemed pre-occupied with himself. I remember asking him if they sold frames for the posters and he said bluntly that I should go to a picture frames

store, not a poster store.

I’m no masochist, but I just had to go back to this store to buy two posters which I liked and which are now hanging proudly in my apartment. They only cost me Canadian $22.29 but after they fit into the frames which I bought separately, these posters should be on the wall for a very long time.

Next, I was dreaming of decorating our closet door, which was painted white and showed a lot of uneven surfaces next to the apartment’s main door. So I thought, what better idea than to put a life-size poster of Marilyn Monroe, the classic one with her white gown flying up as she fanned herself under a subway grill in Manhattan, New York.

My initial plan ...

• was to go to a photo studio and have them blow up a digital copy in jpeg format of that picture. But after consulting my co-workers, they advised me that it would be far cheaper just to buy a door-size Marilyn Monroe poster at a poster shop in Metrotown. I’m glad I followed my co-workers’ advise, and before that, that I even asked them about the poster I was looking for.

Had I not, it would have easily cost me well over one hundred dollars to have the digital picture blown up at the photo studio. My trip to Poster World produced quite a different Marilyn Monroe picture, but it superb nonetheless. It was I think a picture of her dancing in the movie

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, her lips pouted so classically. It was also signed by her!

And don’t forget, it was definitely door size or life size, and it now adorns my closet door, covering all the imperfections of the painted surface. I just had to use a double adhesive to glue the poster firmly on the door. The best part of it? I bought it at Poster World for just $17!

Poster World is just swarming with posters of all kinds, shapes and persuasions. I’m glad there’s a specialty store like it at the mall, or else I would have had to continue mining Craigslist for a Marilyn Monroe poster. Or I would have spent a fortune having a photo blown up at the photo studio.

Supermann says :

All I can say is that I am sorely disappointed in the way this owner conducts business. After spending 15 mins browsing posters, I was told that I shouldn`t loiter and that the posters were not for study . With the volume of posters, most of which I enjoyed and considered for purchase, 15 minutes is simply not enough time to decide on which ones I want for my place. There is nothing worse than being rushed pushed into a sale.. Too bad he made me feel so unwelcome. I already had at least one that I was decided on, but instead, he lost me as a customer and probably others… Avoid business with this guy, he doesn`t deserve it

quick note by anonymous :

Same experience I had with the store clerk. Asked him a question and rudely dismissed me. Not to mention the lack of DECENT posters.

Violetta says :

There seem to be multiple complaints regarding the customer service at this store. What was your customer experience like? Were the employees rude or were they helpful? Is Poster World a franchise or is the only store located in Burnaby?

robert says :

well when i went and bought a fantasy poster from whoever it was at the counter he didnt say a word just made the transaction.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4125051107471031/k2311a0525/5.25.10