Rosi and Bob’s Kahunas in Surrey, Canada  » Restaurants  »
15085 Balsam Street and Marine Drive, White Rock, Surrey, British Columbia
  • I discovered this restaurant quite by chance when I decided to visit the beach in White Rock, a city famed for its resort atmosphere
  • The fish and chips cost just Canadian $7.95, and the can of Coke $1.25
  • I have to admit, that fried fish cod was the best tasting one I ever had
  • Rosi and Bob’s Kahunas is definitely highly recommended

• by RichieMogwai

I discovered this restaurant quite by chance when I decided to visit the beach in White Rock, a city famed for its resort atmosphere. White Rock is a great place to relax, situated right next to Georgia Bay.

Rosi and Bob’s Kahunas is just one of the many restaurants facing the beach. This restaurant is really tiny, there are only a few tables with picnic umbrellas. You order from a window where a lady barks the orders to line cooks.

Next door is another similar restaurant, which sold their famed fish and chips for just five cents more. So you can guess that it wasn’t really the price wars which drew me to Rosi and Bob’s Kahunas restaurant. It was more the accessibility of the ordering desk that took my business.

The lady waitress

was very gracious. I quickly looked at the menu plastered on the wall, and immediately decided to order a cod fish and chips. She asked me how many pieces of cod I would like, and I told her just one piece. It was a great decision, as you would find out later.

The fish and chips cost just Canadian $7.95, and the can of Coke $1.25. With tax, my bill just came to $9.65. The order came so fast, in less than five minutes, that I knew I was going to give a good tip, $2. It was well worth it.

The fried cod was actually one piece, just like the lady said, but it was neatly divided into three pieces. But they were big enough for a generous meal fit for a male,

• and the fries were quite generous, too.

The same lady brought my order to the table, and she made sure I had vinegar, soy sauce, and of course, ketchup. There was even mayonnaise to make the make fried cod that much tastier.

I remember being asked if I wanted my lunch in a box, which I declined because eating next to the beach would be a bad idea, with the swarms of sea gulls flying around. I’d been in this beach front often enough to know that these winged creatures have a nasty habit of bickering over an innocent human being’s lunch, and sometimes flying away with them.

I have to admit, that fried fish cod was the best tasting one I ever had. I was so glad I tried it. I’m not really a

huge fish and chips fan unlike my mom, but the whole line of small restaurants facing the beach front just happen to be mostly specializing in this food. I just had to try it.

Another popular specialty in this area is ice cream and cakes, but luckily, I wasn’t in the mood for sweets at that time.

Rosi and Bob’s Kahunas is definitely highly recommended. It’s a small place, but the waitress is gracious, and the service is swift. It’s tidy, too, and in this part of town I don’t have to worry about the sea gulls, which seem to know their boundaries. But most of all, the food is really great. The cod tasted so fresh, and that was because it was just fried. I hope to be back here soon.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 725051107461031/k2311a0525/5.25.10