Sainsbury’s Basics Creamed Tomato Soup  » Food  »
1.5
  • Tomato is my favourite soup usually but I have not enjoyed this at all
  • This Creamed Tomato Soup is one value product that I would recommend you do not bother with

• by jeanne71

When I am low on cash before pay day, I do like trying out the really cheap own brand produce of supermarkets, such as Sainsbury’s. The prices can be ridiculous, like this Creamed Tomato Soup from the Sainsbury’s Basics range, which is only 17 pence. But I do not believe in putting up with bad tasting food just because I am low on cash. For that reason, I

would not bother buying this soup again. Tomato is my favourite soup usually but I have not enjoyed this at all.

From the can, I see that it is made with 42% tomato puree and I am not sure if that is a low percentage of tomato content or not, but the soup does not have a great deal of tomato flavour, even though it looks the part.

• Its colour is orangey red so it looks like creamy soup but it does not taste particularly creamy. In fact, now I have looked at the ingredients list on the label, it does not even contain anything that resembles cream - rapeseed oil, whey powder etc it says. I find that this soup has an aftertaste that is unpleasant and does not even resemble a creamed tomato soup, so
        I give this soup a thumbs down and the only good thing about it is the price.

If I am looking for an economically priced tomato soup, I would rather pay about 50 pence and for that I can get a decent quality of soup and I would be happy to pay a bit more. This Creamed Tomato Soup is one value product that I would recommend you do not bother with.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2725051107321031/k2311a0525/5.25.10