Aqua Allegoria Angelique Lilas Eau de Toilette by Guerlain  » Perfume  »
  • My usual mandatory grind of scents is becoming repetitive that I haven’t really noticed it until my picky nose somehow caught a whiff of this perfume
  • Nonetheless, I thought this Angelica Allegoria EDT by Guerlain was a safe choice
  • I also like the calculated intensity of the scent, a dimensional experience starting inversely with a spicy blend then dissipates to the smell of clean crisp floral paper
  • I will totally recommend this Guerlain fragrance if one can afford it

• by jhunie

Aside from the heavily-scented perfumes I keep, I must say, it’s been a while since the last time I was awestruck by a fragrance. My usual mandatory grind of scents is becoming repetitive that I haven’t really noticed it until my picky nose somehow caught a whiff of this perfume. Guerlain scents are gaining more popularity now in the mainstream and I hate to be associated with that crowd of people wearing identical scents. Nonetheless, I thought this Angelica Allegoria EDT by Guerlain was a safe choice. It’s an oh-so inspiring floral fragrance as well that makes me want to break-away from my old perfume habits.

Lilas is

a wonderful everyday scent and a delightful perfume to wear with just everything. Contrary to the self-indulgent niche of esoteric notes, there’s a happy floral note in this scent that doesn’t smell awkward. It’s not one of those hard to decode hifalutin fragrances that rapture to provocative notes and are purely subjective as if telling the third person – smell me. I just love the combination of aquatic and floral bouquets which is a brilliant match. I also like the calculated intensity of the scent, a dimensional experience starting inversely with a spicy blend then dissipates to the smell of clean crisp floral paper.

The gradation of Lilas ...

• is very original and I appreciate the fact that it didn’t contain a musky tone. The aroma is restrained, well-defined and soothing for the morning. I guess it’s the hint of ylang ylang in it, or maybe the lilac scent itself that reminds me of lavender-scented stationeries. It lends an impassioned character, the way with which masculine colognes seem to depict an austere kind of energy. It’s very thrilling but in a mature way. If only colognes and perfumes smelt like this then I wouldn’t be so finicky when it comes to fragrances.

Another thing I observed is the brewed green quality of the floral bases, they’re

neither sweet nor too fresh – just a monotonous dewy bouquet. Well the perfume smells quite dense in about an hour but later the smell simply goes away. I often opt to wear it alone to keep its virgin scent than layer or primed with a base. I will totally recommend this Guerlain fragrance if one can afford it. I have the 2.5 oz bottle which is running out fast. It’s 50 dollars for that size but I suppose you can try the smaller mini bottle, only costing 15 dollars.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5625051107291031/k2311a0525/5.25.10